ebike courier from John o Groats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain Sensible

Hi All
Planning on doing LEJOG in July and looking at ways of getting my ebike (removable battery) back to the Midlands. Have already contacted John o Groats bike transport but they won’t currently transport ebikes even though have tried to explain it’s no different to a touring bike when the batteries been removed.

Planning on getting myself and luggage back on the train, just trying to make life a bit easier and get the bike couriered .

Any tips or advice gratefully received.

P.S self driving down with one way hire but don’t really fancy that option for the return due tiredness and potentially 8-10 hr driving.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm in a group doing the same in July also. We are going the one way drive option at both ends from/back to Manchester. Seems easiest as trains are so uncertain at the moment up there. We have a final night stay over in Wick so should be fresh for the drive home.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not the courier option, but how about the JOG ferry to Orkney, a 20 mile ride to Kirkwall and ferry to Aberdeen then train home.

snorri

Legendary Member
Not the courier option, but how about the JOG ferry to Orkney, a 20 mile ride to Kirkwall and ferry to Aberdeen then train home.
If you decide to go via Kirkwall, you might also consider the Gills Bay to St Margaret's Hope ferry route which gives a slightly shorter distance to cycle in Orkney.

OldShep

Über Member
P.S self driving down with one way hire but don’t really fancy that option for the return due tiredness and potentially 8-10 hr driving.
Depends on how many days you are taking I suppose. IME I was far from tired after a 14 day ride. The last few days I felt like Superman and doubt I’ve ever felt so fit and alert before or after.
Easiest thing is to cycle home if you’ve got the time. ^_^

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We will be partying hard to celebrate completing LEJOG. Wick won't know what's hit it

As @I like Skol says, we are arranging a taxi from JoG to Wick (it's about £30 between four of us so no big deal), staying in Wick then driving back the next day. We looked at several other options such as train from Wick, train from Aberdeen etc but none were either cost effective or convenient.

Top Bottom