Ebikes and personal effort/heat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
I didnt buy any different kit or dress any differently from riding a non ebike…….you can still put plenty of effort in and burn up, or you can put it in top assist mode and take it a little easier. All according how far your going amd how big the battery is
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
what he said ..:okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
what he said ..:okay:

I confirm too, you can rip it up, set KOMs all over the place or have a relaxed ride, even in hot weather.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
What I have found is that I still put in the same effort as I do on a non electric assist bike
This is exactly what I found. When commuting, I'd be so eager to get to work (just to get out of the traffic) that I was still a sweaty mess at the other end. But I'd have shaved a few minutes off the commute where the motor helped me on the long uphill. I don't think I ever had a ride when I let the assistance do all the work; it just feels too slow

I dress the same as when I rode my non e-bikes. Unfortunately I still have not figured out what I need to do to my head not to arrive in a sweaty mess. I was hoping that I would take a more leisurely approach, no such luck!

CXRAndy

Guru
Ebikes are perfect for travelling in heat, with hills or distance.

The Mrs and I cycled to a pub to meet friends in smarter clothes, then returned home. Total trip 35 miles, yesterdays muggy evening. The return leg was more pleasant with the sun gone down. cooling off.

gbb

Legendary Member
Depends on the person, the distance and the temps at that time.
I used to hate winter on my roadbike, my hands and feet used to get so cold it'd make you virtually cry with hot aches when you got back in. I never really found gloves or clothing that stopped it in its tracks.
Moving onto ebikes, I see no reason I wouldn't suffer the same if I replicated those cold, long winter rides.

Even my old 15 mile commute was distinctly uncomfortable on a roadbike, then on my ebike in anything below say +5c

But thats me, others will have different experiences

CXRAndy

Guru
Depends on the person, the distance and the temps at that time.
I used to hate winter on my roadbike, my hands and feet used to get so cold it'd make you virtually cry with hot aches when you got back in. I never really found gloves or clothing that stopped it in its tracks.
Moving onto ebikes, I see no reason I wouldn't suffer the same if I replicated those cold, long winter rides.

Even my old 15 mile commute was distinctly uncomfortable on a roadbike, then on my ebike in anything below say +5c

But thats me, others will have different experiences

Have you thought of motorcycle handlebar covers

Something like these.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/OXFORD-Motorcycle-Super-Muffs-OX395/dp/B07QHJY23N/ref=asc_df_B07QHJY23N/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=371990041186&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16438092448800905583&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006965&hvtargid=pla-832431840415&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=82086946771&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=371990041186&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16438092448800905583&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006965&hvtargid=pla-832431840415

Reactions: gbb

CXRAndy

Guru
Clever idea. Some of these covers can be heated with a power pack. If anyone suffers with Reynard's type condition

Top Bottom