1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecoballs

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 21 Apr 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Anyone use these in their washing machine?

Are they any good?

2. Milo

Milo Veteran

there balls.

3. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

There balls.
    Their balls.
    They're balls.

Sorry miloat...pedantry attack...it's having young kids that does it. :biggrin:

4. My mum uses them in her dryer and says they're good. I've never used them in my combi washer/dryer.

5. Milo

Milo Veteran

Thats ok i understand
    IT was a childish reply on my part that caused this flaf

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

We've had them for over a year, they're good, they work, get the clothes clean even at low temps.

I still use Ariel if the clothes are a bit smelly or really dirty though.

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Do they not wear the clothes out though with all that rubbing?

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

The clothes are going to get rubbed anyway, going round and round and round and round and round against each other.

I've yet to wear out any clothes by washing, and I do mine by hand, and sometimes scrub them with a nail brush if they are grimy. If something's that delicate, you don't machine wash it anyway...

9. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

I've used them for a few years now. They're ok, but you have to leave a bit more space in the drum so they can move about. Plus I find the clothes are more creased than using detergent and conditioner. I don't believe any of their marketing blurb about how they work either - I think it's just the rubbing action that gets the clothes clean.

Most times I have too full a load for the eco-balls so I use ecover bio detergent and fabric conditioner.

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

And what about soapnuts?

11. Maz

Maz Guru

What's an ecoball? One of those things you pour liquid into and put it in the washing machine?

12. NickM

NickM Über Member

No, it's a golf-ball sized thing with chemicals inside it (and a sponge ring round it) which is good for hundreds of washes.

They work; like domtyler, we find that clothes worn next to the skin need washing with conventional liquid about 1 wash in four to get rid of stains.

13. Maz

Maz Guru

ok, never heard of them before. Might give it a try. No doubt my wife will say they're not up to the job.

14. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Get a new wife?:smile:

I'd give them a go, but I don't have a washing machine, and I don't think they work by hand...

Dunno about Soapnuts either - seen them in Lakeland though...

15. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Wouldn't golf balls work just as well?