Ecoballs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
there balls.

domtyler

Über Member
We've had them for over a year, they're good, they work, get the clothes clean even at low temps.

I still use Ariel if the clothes are a bit smelly or really dirty though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Do they not wear the clothes out though with all that rubbing?

The clothes are going to get rubbed anyway, going round and round and round and round and round against each other.

I've yet to wear out any clothes by washing, and I do mine by hand, and sometimes scrub them with a nail brush if they are grimy. If something's that delicate, you don't machine wash it anyway...

U

User482

I've used them for a few years now. They're ok, but you have to leave a bit more space in the drum so they can move about. Plus I find the clothes are more creased than using detergent and conditioner. I don't believe any of their marketing blurb about how they work either - I think it's just the rubbing action that gets the clothes clean.

Most times I have too full a load for the eco-balls so I use ecover bio detergent and fabric conditioner.

Maz

Guru
What's an ecoball? One of those things you pour liquid into and put it in the washing machine?

NickM

Veteran
No, it's a golf-ball sized thing with chemicals inside it (and a sponge ring round it) which is good for hundreds of washes.

They work; like domtyler, we find that clothes worn next to the skin need washing with conventional liquid about 1 wash in four to get rid of stains.

Maz

Guru
NickM said:
No, it's a golf-ball sized thing with chemicals inside it (and a sponge ring round it) which is good for hundreds of washes.

They work; like domtyler, we find that clothes worn next to the skin need washing with conventional liquid about 1 wash in four to get rid of stains.
ok, never heard of them before. Might give it a try. No doubt my wife will say they're not up to the job.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
ok, never heard of them before. Might give it a try. No doubt my wife will say they're not up to the job.

Get a new wife?:smile:

I'd give them a go, but I don't have a washing machine, and I don't think they work by hand...

Dunno about Soapnuts either - seen them in Lakeland though...

Top Bottom