Edge 800 issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Garmin edge 800 problem,I'm off the road with collar bone gone awaiting plating and when I can I intend to turbo .I have separate speed and cadence sensors but the ,800 only can detect one?
My Garmin explore sees both sensors.
I do have an ant,+ dongle on the way so I'm looking at zwift or rgt when I can

si_c

Guru
Garmin edge 800 problem,I'm off the road with collar bone gone awaiting plating and when I can I intend to turbo .I have separate speed and cadence sensors but the ,800 only can detect one?
My Garmin explore sees both sensors.
I do have an ant,+ dongle on the way so I'm looking at zwift or rgt when I can
The 800 can't see separate speed/cadence sensors, it only works with combined sensors. So because of that it sees each one as a dual sensor and only connects to the most recent.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

The 800 can't see separate speed/cadence sensors, it only works with combined sensors. So because of that it sees each one as a dual sensor and only connects to the most recent.
Ok I have sorted this out with help elsewhere.I needed to go into the sensor details and manually add the sensor Id and assign what type of sensor it was.the 800 now sees both sensors.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I used have trouble with mine on the turbo (820 model), it would be fine starting up, but if I stopped for whatever reason and then restarted the head unit wouldn't pick up the speed sensor, unless I turned everything off and on again.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I used have trouble with mine on the turbo (820 model), it would be fine starting up, but if I stopped for whatever reason and then restarted the head unit wouldn't pick up the speed sensor, unless I turned everything off and on again.
my spped sensor just drops out then reconnects a few seconds later its almost like it changing to cadence mode as it willgo from 20 odd mph to about 0.6 mph

Top Bottom