Edinburgh - bikes in the evening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A request for advice...

We are in Edinburgh on a FRiday Night waiting for the Sleeper.

THe question is what to do for the evening. Ideally are there any pubs which do food and have outside seating, or alterbnatively is ther anywhere that we can (safely) leave two laden bikes whilst we eat?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

snorri

Legendary Member
If you are coming in from the north, over the Forth Bridge, you could try the Cramond Brig Toll. It sits between the NCN1 and the A90 just before the NCN crosses the river Almond , you can't miss it, as they say.:biggrin:
I had a meal there recently, you can eat outside beside your bike or watch it from inside, although I would not consider it to be a high risk area.

samid

Guru
There are quite a few pubs on Rose street (which is downtown and close to the station) with outside seating, I think most of them do food (though I haven't eaten there, just drank beer), and there are racks you can lock your bikes to (e.g. near the Tiso store, 123 Rose st).

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
When is a Friday? I am sure we could help you out with safe storage less than 10 minutes from Waverley (well it takes me less than 10 minutes) and could round up few of the local CC members to make you feel welcome...

Top Bottom