Edinburgh experts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcogs

Guru
Family trip to our new capital city week after next. Whilst there, Mrs redcogs has promised that we can get our touring tent, and stove, and bed. We have opted for a Vaude Ferret, trangia stove, undecided on bed, but self inflating sounds up my street.

We are unfamilier with Edinburgh, so if any of you nice people can advise on appropriate places to acquire the above items that would really help me.

Thankyou very much. :becool:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Not quite Edinburgh, but Camping Ecosse is worth a look on the A199 between Tranent and Macmerry, about 10 miles east of Edinburgh. If you're lucky it will be raining - as all their tents are displayed outside, you can see how waterproof they are!

k-dog

There are a couple of places in the centre of town - Blacks, Millets etc.

One of the bigger places is the big Tiso by Ocean Terminal - not far from the city centre and an easy bus ride. It's a pretty big place with a decent selection.

More info here.

There's a smaller one on Rose St but the big one has a bit more gear.

gavintc

Guru
Tiso are also in the city centre on Rose Street (the narrow lane running behind Princes St). The shop is between Castle St and Frederick St.

PS if you are bringing your bike and fancy a club run. Edinburgh RC meet on a Sat at the Commonwealth Pool at 0930 am (a range of rides depart between 0930 and 1000 depending on the strength of your legs) and on Sun from Tusitala Restaurant in Fairmilehead departing 1000 am - this is a longer run often lasting until the mid afternoon.

OP
OP
redcogs

redcogs

Guru
Cheers for the help each :biggrin:

Thanks for the invite gav' - no bike going with me i'm afraid, so i'll give the club runs a miss, which is pretty lucky for you lot - you won't get to smell my burning tyre rubber as i disappear into the distant horizon.. :sad:;)

Top Bottom