Edinburgh Nocturne 3rd July - Grassmarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavieB

MIA
Touche said:
This was more or less the view we had last year (minus the roadworks and with a lot more bikes). If we all agree to try to match this then we should be close.

I used to quite like the other end of that street. Might stand at that end... Or in one of the establishments (of which there used to be 3).

I know exactly where you are thats actually where i was thinking of, when I first read this page.

... and this has a picture of me (denim man) talking to scoosh (green jacket) while HJ (beard) steps back in amazement while we admire the view linked to above.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Touche said:
How about where we were all at last year. The end of the start/finish straight on the outside of the turn up the hill.
For those not there last year (and are unable to follow Touche's clear instructions :tongue:), try this. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
For those not there last year (and are unable to follow Touche's clear instructions :o), try this. :eek:

You are a computer wizard these days, Scoosh(ie) :eek:

Any suggestions on where & when for a meet up before, or shall we just turn up at the viewing spot and see who's there?

T

gavintc

Guru
Ravenbait said:
If the meeting point is "where we all were last year" then anyone who wasn't there last year isn't going to know where to find you :ohmy: .

Sam

The funny thing is - We were there and did not meet the CC crew last year. It was only later when we started posting about the event, that I realised just how close we were. I thin we were about 3 feet away. :eek:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
gavintc said:
The funny thing is - We were there and did not meet the CC crew last year. It was only later when we started posting about the event, that I realised just how close we were. I thin we were about 3 feet away. :ohmy:
We were "incognito":becool:, undercover and recruiting ;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
I think that is a good viewing point too :thumbsup:.

Now, about the Meeting Point - it could even be somewhere where beverages** can be purchased/consumed :eek:.

:cheers:

** of a type suitable for us athletically-fit-cyclist types, of course ;)

Some of us met at the Peartree beforehand last year, there are pubs in the Grassmarket, but they do tend to be a wee bit busy on the night...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
Some of us met at the Peartree beforehand last year, there are pubs in the Grassmarket, but they do tend to be a wee bit busy on the night...
Peartree at ??? - what time ? I'll probably be in the mood for a ginger beer :ohmy: after my ride around Little Glenshee with Seamab ....

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
well ... the 1st race starts at 6pm ("Cycling Weakly Weekly")

Programme here

T
So what time will HJ be sampling the beverages on offer ?

(You, of course will be much too busy doing 'stuff') :ohmy:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
Peartree at ??? - what time ? I'll probably be in the mood for a ginger beer :ohmy: after my ride around Little Glenshee with Seamab ....

Humm, well when does the interesting stuff start? The Cat 4 was pretty dull last year, but things got better as time went by, looks like the first interesting race might start at 19:15, so working back maybe meet at 18:00 for a ginger beer, then bimble on down to the corner of GM and Viccy St for about 19:15 or so...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
Humm, well when does the interesting stuff start? The Cat 4 was pretty dull last year, but things got better as time went by, looks like the first interesting race might start at 19:15, so working back maybe meet at 18:00 for a ginger beer, then bimble on down to the corner of GM and Viccy St for about 19:15 or so...
OK but I'm just in from a lovely ride from Perth with Seamab and SleekitCollie, so, by the time I've had a feed:hungry:, shower :laugh: and got the bus .... I might be a tad late. :sad:

I'm sure this will not put you off your ginger beer:cheers:, HJ :biggrin:

Top Bottom