1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edinburgh Tattoo in Birmingham

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Speicher, 14 Apr 2008.

1. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

I am planning to see the Birmingham Tattoo, which I think is very similar to the Edinburgh Tattoo. It is being held at the National Indoor Area late November. The following request will probably make no sense whatsoever to anyone who has not seen the Tattoo, but bear with me.

Has anyone been to either of these and can advise where to request seats. Would it be better to sit at one side, or at the end (opposite the end where the bands etc enter the arena). Or at the side near the end where they come in. (Imagine the Arena is a U shape).

I have a phone number and a web address to book tickets, but am puzzled over the layout.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Be sure to go to the National Indoor Arena and not the National Exhibition Centre Arena. They're about 15 miles apart. People often turn up at one expecting to see Iron Maiden and end up with James Blunt.

3. Speicher

Thank you for that reminder. It would be an easy mistake to make,;) but I think that the NIA is in the centre of Birmingham, next door to the Symphony Hall.

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

jeez, talk about a rock and a hard place…

5. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Do these Tattoos hurt? And does one need an Aids test after having one done? ;)

6. killiekosmos

killiekosmos Über Member

Does Birmingham have a castle for the lone piper to play on the ramparts?

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/weoleycastle.bcc

However I wouldn't advise a piper in a skirt to travel alone anywhere in that part of Birmingham.

8. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

"Very similar", what an affront.:angry::ohmy:
    Get your act together, leap on the train to Edinburgh and see the real thing.:laugh::biggrin:

9. Speicher

Can you suggest a very nice hotel in Edinburgh, that does not charge huge amounts for accomodation, and is available for the Tattoo in 2009? :angry:
    I intend to see the Real Tatto some time, but every year, something crops up to prevent it. I know that the one in Birmingham is not going to be the same, but I would like to see the "local" one.

10. now boot eeets got the rowtunda: ow ang on a minnit now its got that bostin grayt beeg nobbly bildin instead. eets considerably nobblier than yowr cassl enywaaaay

11. can I hold my hands up and say I dont know what the Edinburgh Tattoo is?

12. I think it's some kind of military ceremony or display, held in edinburgh. It involves lots of marching and shouting, as these things tend to, but has bagpipes for added shock and awe impact.

13. killiekosmos

killiekosmos Über Member

Edinburgh has lots of good hotels BUT in August (Festival and Tattoo time) none will be cheap. :sad:

Check out bucket shop web-sites for bargains.

14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Speich! Why don't you ask our many Edingurgh-based forumers for a loan of their back bedroom for a few days! :sad: