Edinburgh Tattoo in Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am planning to see the Birmingham Tattoo, which I think is very similar to the Edinburgh Tattoo. It is being held at the National Indoor Area late November. The following request will probably make no sense whatsoever to anyone who has not seen the Tattoo, but bear with me.

Has anyone been to either of these and can advise where to request seats. Would it be better to sit at one side, or at the end (opposite the end where the bands etc enter the arena). Or at the side near the end where they come in. (Imagine the Arena is a U shape).

I have a phone number and a web address to book tickets, but am puzzled over the layout.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you for that reminder. It would be an easy mistake to make,;) but I think that the NIA is in the centre of Birmingham, next door to the Symphony Hall.

snorri

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
the Birmingham Tattoo, which I think is very similar to the Edinburgh Tattoo. It is being held at the National Indoor Area late November.

"Very similar", what an affront.:angry::ohmy:
Get your act together, leap on the train to Edinburgh and see the real thing.:laugh::biggrin:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can you suggest a very nice hotel in Edinburgh, that does not charge huge amounts for accomodation, and is available for the Tattoo in 2009? :angry:
I intend to see the Real Tatto some time, but every year, something crops up to prevent it. I know that the one in Birmingham is not going to be the same, but I would like to see the "local" one.

can I hold my hands up and say I dont know what the Edinburgh Tattoo is?

killiekosmos

Veteran
Speicher said:
Can you suggest a very nice hotel in Edinburgh, that does not charge huge amounts for accomodation, and is available for the Tattoo in 2009? :wacko:
I intend to see the Real Tatto some time, but every year, something crops up to prevent it. I know that the one in Birmingham is not going to be the same, but I would like to see the "local" one.

Edinburgh has lots of good hotels BUT in August (Festival and Tattoo time) none will be cheap. :sad:

Check out bucket shop web-sites for bargains.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dayvo said:
Speich! Why don't you ask our many Edingurgh-based forumers for a loan of their back bedroom for a few days! :angry:

Err, well, that is a good suggestion.:sad: All the tickets for this year's show are booked already. However, at some stage I intend to visit Edinburgh and will bear that in mind. xx(

Top Bottom