Educate or prosecute?

What would you opt for?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
A update to this story. The driver has already been on a course for some other driving offence so will now proceed automatically to a prosecution. If i had known about this previous issue i would have gone down this route so i am more than happy with how things are proceeding. He's had his chance and blown it.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
A update to this story. The driver has already been on a course for some other driving offence so will now proceed automatically to a prosecution. If i had known about this previous issue i would have gone down this route so i am more than happy with how things are proceeding. He's had his chance and blown it.

Fair dos. You didn't know that earlier.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

As I understand it, they will only offer a course once every three years. I'm assuming the one he's been on is a speed awareness course, as they are the most common.

deanE

When I was knocked off my motorbike 15 years ago, the driver was sent on a course rather than prosecution. I recently took a speed awareness course after being flashed for speeding in my car. It made me realise that I hadn't read the highway code since I passed my test, and I do make more effort to keep within 30 and 40mph limits these days. I would agree that many of the drivers on the speed awareness course were unrepentant of their driving habits and thought that speed checks were just to raise money for the police.

Top Bottom