Education failed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's two seperate questions asked at around 7:40. He asks "What is 77 + 23", the onscreen question is "what is 77 + 33".

The one who answered "Yes" when asked if she knew the answer was correct though.

The traditional clock is falling out of fashion, and the number of people that don't understand the 24 hour clock is worrying. Especially since most timetables are in this format. Trying to explain to someone when their bus/train is due, when they don't understand it, is almost impossible. I reduce it to how long they'll have to wait.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Wit both of these, I do wonder how many people they asked before cherry picking the bad answers.

I'm a little worried it might not be all that many though.

I guess that there must be some filtering as some people must get answers correct.

Even simple arithmetic is tricky for some people but what I don't understand is when the answer is in the question asked - and the answer given is hopelessly wrong.

Alex321

Veteran
Got to be fake, it just has to be.

It is in the US. There are a lot more very badly educated people on the US than there should be.

Got to be cherry picked, but I think they can probably find enough people who genuinely don't know those things thatv they don't need to actually fake it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oh dear!:
Oh dear indeed
1693900285179.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Going back several decades, to when I lived in the US I remember a comedy sketch that featured a quiz show where the correct answer would be what the average college student would say. There were some pretty clever question/answers but I'm afraid that I can't remember them.

All I can remember was the running gag that the state capital of any state was simply the state name with -city added. So, state capital of Illinois= Illinois City and so on.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It is in the US. There are a lot more very badly educated people on the US than there should be.

Got to be cherry picked, but I think they can probably find enough people who genuinely don't know those things thatv they don't need to actually fake it.

with so many videos like this online, it's easy to believe the USA is a melting pot of uneducated folk... but as you say, it's cherry picked for the vid.

I remember a satirical UK tv show years ago where some guy was in a town centre getting women to sign his petition to end suffrage for women. :ohmy:

Top Bottom