EE or BT down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Last night at 18:23 my broadband went off. EE did the usual tests but said it wasn’t their fault & must be BT. An engineer is supposed to come out. This could take days. £8.50 a day compensation. The router just goes to red light no matter what you try.
Anybody had the same issues?

13 rider

Guru
Do you use the dial tone part of the line ? Is this working

Last night at 18:23 my broadband went off. EE did the usual tests but said it wasn’t their fault & must be BT. An engineer is supposed to come out. This could take days. £8.50 a day compensation. The router just goes to red light no matter what you try.
Anybody had the same issues?

BT deactivated my phone and broadband prematurely (as part of a house move). Have you spoken to BT to see if it's still active?

Also you probably already know this but BT and EE are now connected.

Slick

Guru
I'm with EE through BT, and no issues here, but any issues you would have are hugely unlikely to be linked to any service I recieve. :okay:

si_c

Guru
Unfortunately you'll have to wait for openreach to come out and check the line. It's probably an isolated problem between either the pole or the cabinet, otherwise the whole street would be off.

It's a nuisance in this day and age unfortunately, but not too much you can do. I have decent data on my phone, so I connect my phone to my router and tether it to provide a connection that way (I've got a non-standard setup here though), you probably can't do that but you should be able to pop a hotspot and connect your computer/tv up via wifi if needed.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Go here https://www.bt.com/help/check-service-status , submit your landline number and check the status. If it reports there is no recorded fault it will give you the option of a remote line test and will text you the outcome and suggest possible fixes to try. If you still need assistance you can reply with ‘help’ ‘ADVISOR’ and an advisor will call you to talk through the problem. Obviously, they’ll need to know your mobile number and you can add that via home.bt.com where you can log in to your account.

[Edited to add a correction]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Do they have an online checker? What does that say?
presumably you’ve unplugged everything for a while and rebooted?

Been through everything Vickster. Never happened ever in my life before. I’m not bad at techy stuff. Have to wait for open reach.
Missed all the sport, new films out, & my daughters programs are all internet TV based. Plus she loves YouTube. These first world problems are super annoying. In third world countries some are just trying to survive for the day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Possibly an openreach issue. Had a problem about 18 months ago for five days. Openreach denied everything but it didn't just affect BT customers, a few others too. Found to be a faulty circuit board in one of the exchanges. One engineer sussed it out.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Go here https://www.bt.com/help/check-service-status , submit your landline number and check the status. If it reports there is no recorded fault it will give you the option of a remote line test and will text you the outcome and suggest possible fixes to try. If you still need assistance you can reply with ‘help’ ‘ADVISOR’ and an advisor will call you to talk through the problem. Obviously, they’ll need to know your mobile number and you can add that via home.bt.com where you can log in to your account.

[Edited to add a correction]

This would have been cool but my package is without land line so I have no phone number.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Possibly an openreach issue. Had a problem about 18 months ago for five days. Openreach denied everything but it didn't just affect BT customers, a few others too. Found to be a faulty circuit board in one of the exchanges. One engineer sussed it out.

I think this is also an exchange issue. I might phone again to ask when open reach are coming to sort it.

Top Bottom