EE or BT down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
I think this is also an exchange issue. I might phone again to ask when open reach are coming to sort it.
Normally openreach respond with 48 working out ( weekends don't count ) . However they have just had 2 days of industrial action so there is a backlog

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
This would have been cool but my package is without land line so I have no phone number.

Ah, well I thought you did have a landline, given this comment 👇

I don’t have any land line phones, not even an old one in the loft to check the line with. :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We could upload, but not download unless I switched on VPN. Work laptops were fine but not home. Relayed all this and BT still insisted it was our issue. Sent an engineer (who I told it's not us) and he agreed to contact open reach. We even got sent a new hub, which I never used.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
On the compo side of things, Vodafone offer some ££ after 3 days of no service excluding weekends. Not sure what your contract offers.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
You wouldn’t believe what happened. I had to phone them again to book an engineer or they’d have not done anything. Instead of just booking an engineer on the first phone call.
Anyway open reach arrived and said the line is there but the encryption has changed. This happens to 1% of all fault issues. So he spent ages in the green box, got it back on but it’s super slow. He said it’s like connecting a new line and needs to re set so might go off for 5 mins. I was told the speeds would return to normal however after a few hours they are still at like 5 mb/s. Hopefully it won’t stay like that but I’m not optimistic lately. 🙄

You wouldn’t believe what happened. I had to phone them again to book an engineer or they’d have not done anything. Instead of just booking an engineer on the first phone call.
Anyway open reach arrived and said the line is there but the encryption has changed. This happens to 1% of all fault issues. So he spent ages in the green box, got it back on but it’s super slow. He said it’s like connecting a new line and needs to re set so might go off for 5 mins. I was told the speeds would return to normal however after a few hours they are still at like 5 mb/s. Hopefully it won’t stay like that but I’m not optimistic lately. 🙄

Well I'm glad its on its way to being sorted, if you're worried it won't go back to normal (or break again) ask them to send you a EE Mini Hub - that works as its own 4g internet until the broadband is working.

I've just asked them to send me one as I couldn't get the Hybrid Connect (that also uses 4g) to work and didn't want the risk of no internet when I move.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Well I'm glad its on its way to being sorted, if you're worried it won't go back to normal (or break again) ask them to send you a EE Mini Hub - that works as its own 4g internet until the broadband is working.

I've just asked them to send me one as I couldn't get the Hybrid Connect (that also uses 4g) to work and didn't want the risk of no internet when I move.
It’s gone up to about 35% so it should keep going up now. Edit back to full bore! :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom