Eggs...how do you eat yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

There are many different dishes for eggs.

What is your favourite?

Whilst you can't be a fried egg cooked just to your own liking the appeal of Poached eggs still wins my vote.
I don't cook them hardly ever as it's too fiddly to get the poacher pan out etc etc...but worth it when I can be motivated.

:smile:

Her ladyship poaches eggs in boiling water with a small amount of vinegar in it. All you have to do is stir the boiling water and add the egg in the middle, easy and saves the bother of them special pans

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Just had poached eggs, with bacon, apple/leek sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast, followed by Danish pastries. Delicious.

longers

Legendary Member
Poached eggs are good :tongue:, and as easy to do as the way Mrs LOTP does them. The fresher the eggs the better they stay together while poaching.
Scrambled eggs always used to be "poorly food" but now I enjoy them while feeling healthy :smile:.
Eggs and ketchup don't go together :biggrin:.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
longers said:
Eggs and ketchup don't go together :smile:.
Eggs and ketchup go together quite splendidly, except when those eggs are boiled... then they have to be sliced, and put on marmite-smeared toast.

poached eggs - metal pastry cutter, medium frying pan, water, egg. Our poaching pan hasn't been off the top of the cupboard for about 5 years.

longers

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Eggs and ketchup go together quite splendidly, except when those eggs are boiled... then they have to be sliced, and put on marmite-smeared toast.

You dirty b*gg*r! :smile:.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Just had a poached egg using the above method.
It wasn't the freshest egg but stayed together well enough.
The yolk had gone firm (just) and fluffy.
I mashed it up into a sandwich with wafer thin honey roast ham and mature red leicester cheese melted onto the other slice of bread.
Mmmmmm:tongue:

derall

Guru
Eggs Benedict:
Toasted (english) muffin, couple of slices of crispy streaky bacon, poached egg on top of that and a dollop of hollondaise to finish it off.

Pete

Omelette (my department, this). Scrambled, on toast (my wife's, this time, I can't get it to work :smile:). Hard-boiled, in a sandwich or some main courses like kedgeree or egg curry in which they go particularly well. Don't really go for fried, poached or soft-boiled.

Our son has a particular aversion to eggs - he won't eat any of the above, though he will accept eggs if incorporated in something less obviously egg-like, like pancake batter, soufflé or quiche.

Top Bottom