Eggs...how do you eat yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Abitrary said:
exploded microwave egg is my favorite

Oooh that sounds awfully nice. What's the recipe?

Abitrary

mickle said:
Oooh that sounds awfully nice. What's the recipe?

Quite simple really... just put a couple of eggs on saucer, turn the microwave on full power, and wait for the eggs to explode.

Eat it straight off of the sides of the microwave then, accompanied by some petit-toasts

Milo

Guru
I think you can boil a egg is a microwave if you put a needle though the top?
And iv'e always found scrambled eggs taste better in a microwave for some reason?

We froze a raw egg when at uni, just to see what would happen. But then nobody dared to eat/cook it. Can you freeze eggs and use them afterwards?

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

punkypossum said:
We froze a raw egg when at uni, just to see what would happen. But then nobody dared to eat/cook it. Can you freeze eggs and use them afterwards?

I believe you can.
Ranulph Fiennes took frozen eggs with him on his longitudinal circumnavigation. Although some were destroyed en route to the Antarctic by stormy weather off the African coast.
They dont taste too good though...but essentially they are just about edible.:biggrin:

simonali

Guru
1. Hard boil, then mash up into an egg mayonnaise, but using Heinz salad cream instead of mayo.

2. Then place into a buttered white bap or between 2 slices of white bread.

3. Place on a plate with some salted Kettle Chips.

4. Eat!

Arch

Married to Night Train
A perfect poached egg would be my favourite, but fried, scrambled or boiled is fine.

My Mum's taken to scrambling them in the microwave, she says it's less difficult to wash up, but I think it's more faff, as they seem to need taking in and out and stirring so often. I just scramble them in a non-stick pan, and rinse it out immediately so the residue doesn't congeal. Mind you, she does rice in the microwave as well, with as much faffing, whereas I just boil it on the hob... But once she's set in her way, bless 'er...

Top Bottom