Elaine Paige coins a neologism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's simply how she thinks it should be spelled.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is autocation a new word among the trendy, a spelling error or a spellchecker gone wild?
Speech to text getting it wrong? I seem to see a lot of phonetic type errors these days. Been / being seems to be a very common one.

snorri

Legendary Member
Speech to text getting it wrong? I seem to see a lot of phonetic type errors these days. Been / being seems to be a very common one.
Please excuse my 20th century techy knowledge, but do some people speak their Tweets nowadays rather than type them like I do?
Not that that should give them an excuse for failing to check the text before hitting Send.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Is autocation a new word among the trendy, a spelling error or a spellchecker gone wild?
It's a proper word.

Well, it is now. ;)

Autocation
/ɔːtəˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
a noisy argument or disagreement, especially in public, concerning the use of the public highway by a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Please excuse my 20th century techy knowledge, but do some people speak their Tweets nowadays rather than type them like I do?
Not that that should give them an excuse for failing to check the text before hitting Send.
The technology exists on smartphones. I know some dyslexic people use it.

Top Bottom