electric bike fuse holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza19

in desperate need of help ive got a 36v 18ah lithium ion battery well that what i was told when i bought the bike it cut out and when i opened the battery top the fuse holder just crumbled to nothing does anyone know where i can get another one from or can i put a mini circuit breaker in it if i can does anyone have any links or know where i can get one ie car shop and the wiring diagram to go with it

thanks in advance for any help need today if possible

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sounds like the fuse has had a poor contact either on the fuse itself or the holder connections and this has led to overheating which has scorched the holder and caused the damage.

If you take the original along with you a decent car spares shop may be able to help, or maybe somewhere online like RS components?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/fuses-sockets-circuit-breakers/fuse-holders/

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

thank you il have a look[/Q F0563784-01.jpg this is the holder its a ten amp fuse holder will this do for a 36v 18ah battery

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Depends what current your motor is drawing. A 250W motor on a 36V system should take around 7amps (current in amps = power in watts/voltage). What fuse was in there in the 1st place?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The 250W rating is a nominal one and the maximum for a road legal ebike.

But it's not a very meaningful figure because motors produce at least twice that on peak power.

My 250W Bosch bikes are reckoned to peak at about 700W.

A better clue to the fuse size is the rating of the controller which will probably be 15amps or more.

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

The 250W rating is a nominal one and the maximum for a road legal ebike.

But it's not a very meaningful figure because motors produce at least twice that on peak power.

My 250W Bosch bikes are reckoned to peak at about 700W.

A better clue to the fuse size is the rating of the controller which will probably be 15amps or more.
hi pal this the holder that was in the bike but it is only a ten amp holder

Attachments

• F0563784-01.jpg
    F0563784-01.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 23

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
hi pal this the holder that was in the bike but it is only a ten amp holder

That may be why the fuse got rather warm and fried itself.

Does the bike have a separate controller?

A lot of Chinese ebikes do.

There will be a sticker on that with the rating.

Do you use the bike on full power?

If you restricted yourself to low power level, the motor wouls draw less current from the battery making a blown fuse less likely.

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

That may be why the fuse got rather warm and fried itself.

Does the bike have a separate controller?

A lot of Chinese ebikes do.

There will be a sticker on that with the rating.

Do you use the bike on full power?

If you restricted yourself to low power level, the motor wouls draw less current from the battery making a blown fuse less likely.
it does have a control unit but it dsnt have a seperate control unit to set the level of assistance of speed

Top Bottom