Electric bike pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Über Member
I have a Fumpa nano. Works great as a back up to the topeak and will inflate a typical road tyre from flat to hard in 30 secs. Ive used it a couple of times when the topeak gets so far then becomes really hard to get to full pressure. It is about the size of a matchbox. I’d not rely only on the Fumpa but find it reassuring to have a mechanical aid when tired. One warning, don’t use near those of sensitive dispositions as it gives out an enormous farting noise!

I love the name Fumpa for a pump! Conjures up an image of a great big steam driven bellows going "fumpa-fumpa-fumpa" whereas it's a tiny buzzy, farty electric gizmo. :biggrin:

geocycle

Legendary Member
I love the name Fumpa for a pump! Conjures up an image of a great big steam driven bellows going "fumpa-fumpa-fumpa" whereas it's a tiny buzzy, farty electric gizmo. :biggrin:
It’s an Australian start up…. That’s probably all you need to know!

I have a Fumpa nano. Works great as a back up to the topeak and will inflate a typical road tyre from flat to hard in 30 secs. Ive used it a couple of times when the topeak gets so far then becomes really hard to get to full pressure. It is about the size of a matchbox. I’d not rely only on the Fumpa but find it reassuring to have a mechanical aid when tired. One warning, don’t use near those of sensitive dispositions as it gives out an enormous farting noise!
That looks a great little invention but the price...£89 :ohmy:

geocycle

Legendary Member
That looks a great little invention but the price...£89 :ohmy:

Wow, that sounds more than I paid. I might think again at that level.

This.

For any application where demand's irregular, unpredictable, and with no advance notice, batteries are a complete no no, because they just can't be relied upon.
Yes, you are right in a general sense. For me, I carry a mini pump and the Fumpa. I got it after an experience where I was exhausted after a long ride and struggled to get the tyre really hard with the mini pump. The Fumpa adds the last bit. It might also suit folk with any upper body strength issues. I have a dodgy shoulder. It holds its charge pretty well And I just top it up every few months.

Top Bottom