Electric Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Errrrmmmm......... because I don't want to.
Good answer!:thumbsup:
If I had electric assist I'd be more likely to use the bike for doing lots of little errands and carrying shopping.

I can certainly see your point. There are times I look at a local route and decide against it as I just don't want to have to ride a hill that day. I've yet to load a tool box onto a trailer and head off to do a job because I really don't fancy struggling at 5mph in the rain in heavy traffic.

Having an electric option, especially to help with the load of shopping, is ideal IMO.

snailracer

Über Member
As you're mainly interested in hillclimbing, I would also recommend geared hubmotors, as opposed to ungeared "pancake" motors which are better at building speed on the flat.

freecyclist

With respect, I've lived here for eight years, I still find it difficult, so I'm looking for a solution to suit me.

Sounds a fab idea sara and good luck - the only reservation that i would have is the obvious increased mechanical implications and the potential for mechanical problems and having to go to mechanics to get it repaired , so get it done by a reputable local bod (or your husband (if hes reputable :tongue:)).

albion

Guru
My only reservation is that the motor will need to be set suit the terrain.A family member had a powerbyke for your exact reason and that was being repaired as much as being ridden.

BobWales

Juicy Bike in Buxton and New Mills sell electric bike conversion kits, and also have an excellent range of electric bikes to suit all hilly areas. They're not really that far from you and do offer test rides around hilly Buxton.

Top Bottom