Electric Powered Time Trial Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

repairtec

I found an Italian bike manufacturer who made an electric time trial bike a while back but forgot to note down the make, basically the bike was a modified carbon fibre bike a bit like Boardmans Lotus but with really classy styling, does anybody remember ? I ask coz I suppose some older or partially handicapped riders might find them useful to relive the sensations of taking part in a time trial and UCI regulations apart they could become a catergory in themselves.

wafflycat

There's already quite a few disabled riders, with a wide range of handicaps, doing time trials.. and there are already special categories to take account of said disabilities. The Rudy Project National Series is one example. As regards older riders, again IME most cyclists doing time trials are veterans and many well into retirement age, but they are out there, every weekend in the season, doing TTs.. indeed I know of quite a few in their 70s & 80s out there every weekend.

Will1985

Über Member
Electric assistance? Whatever happened to it being about the engine?!? We already have aero aids offering an advantage and this would skew the competition even more.

+1 to wafflycat's comments. I beat a 72yo guy this season by 6 seconds in a 25....we were still both under the hour, so some can still ride hard!

Top Bottom