Electric Teppanyaki plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I had the pleasure of using one over the weekend. We were at a quirky Air B&B, a converted GWR railway Wagon. I had taken my Cobb, but didn't need to use it as what sounded like a electric frying pan in the description turned out to be a Teppanyaki plate, in the outdoor kitchen.

Was very pleased with the results. Initially attempted to cook mushroom on a high grid over a fire pit, but it was nowhere need hot enough to decamped to the T-plate as didn't want to slow cook a ribeye or wait for the Cobb to get warmed up. Also did lamb kebabs and homemade pitta (which turned out the best I've ever made) the next day and scrambled eggs, straight onto the plate. Also a joy to clean, scrape off and wipe.

I think I may invest in one. Anyone else use one?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

We bought one a few years ago as a replacement for a BBQ, liked it very much, unfortunately the thermostat broke & as usual with all these things no spares available.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We have one - love it. Whilst you can use indoors, I'd advise the table is covered in a cloth you can wash - they spit fat, as would any griddle - good for shared cooking experience though. I've cooked on it for family as well in the garden. We use it quite often in the summer outside. Not expensive either. Ours is about 2ft long.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
We use one for car camping with little one. Goes against my back to nature, wild man instincts :rolleyes:, but is nice to have when going ehu. Easy clean and cooking with no faffing.

Top Bottom