Electrolyte Drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Hello everybody

Can I ask a bit of a 'rude' question?

As a 'lady' I obviously don't fart, but has anybody noticed an increase in wind when using electrolyte replacing powders?

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
has anybody noticed an increase in wind when using electrolyte replacing powders?
Yes but not personally, a mate of mine has been known to clear a tent during the night due to this !

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Hello everybody

As a 'lady' I obviously don't fart, but has anybody noticed an increase in wind when using electrolyte replacing powders?

I haven't personally experienced any emission based side effects to High5 tablets. You getting some 'wind assistance'?

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
I haven't personally experienced any emission based side effects to High5 tablets. You getting some 'wind assistance'?

I've ordered some of the High5 tablets, but I've been using the isostar (I think? powder in the barrel pots) that you scoop into the water bottle. It suddenly occurred to me yesterday that this could be the reason for my gripey pains and *blushes* wind assistance. It doesn't happen on the bike, but later in the day. Bit embarrassing, but luckily I drive a lot, so don't necessarily poison anybody else!

I'll see how the tabs compare :smile:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Hello everybody

Not with my high5 tablets.....I do get wind from my recovery drink, I use SIS rapid recovery

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Training programme says 30-40 miles today and, looking at the weather (and the fact that I'm working this morning and can't get out until this afternoon), I think it'll be one bottle of squash and one with High5 today, so hopefully no gripey tum this evening. Thanks guys :smile:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Training programme says 30-40 miles today and, looking at the weather (and the fact that I'm working this morning and can't get out until this afternoon), I think it'll be one bottle of squash and one with High5 today, so hopefully no gripey tum this evening. Thanks guys :smile:

Good luck with the tablets. What training programme are you using out of interest?

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Not with my high5 tablets.....I do get wind from my recovery drink, I use SIS rapid recovery

Used one High5 tab in bottle of water and took one bottle of squash too (40 miler with hills in the middle). No embarrassing tummy issues last night! Yay :-D

Thanks everybody.

I don't have a 'recovery drink'. Last night mine was my left over squash and coffee (in a hot bath because I was cold) followed by pizza ;)

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Used one High5 tab in bottle of water and took one bottle of squash too (40 miler with hills in the middle). No embarrassing tummy issues last night! Yay :-D

Thanks everybody.

I don't have a 'recovery drink'. Last night mine was my left over squash and coffee (in a hot bath because I was cold) followed by pizza ;)

Some people use chocolate milk as a recovery drink, it`s meant to be ok

Top Bottom