Elevation profile of my commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
lukesdad said:
My commute starts at 300 ft on the gower, drops to sea level within 3miles around the coast basically flat thru burry port and pembrey & kidwelly basicaly flat. then it goes up to 700ft down into carmarthen then th tough bit 8 miles three very steep climbs to 420 ft 680ft 820ft with decsents to the valley the climb to my village is a 3/4 of a mile long with an average gradient 1 in 7 thru village nasty little dig to my drive. 37 miles this is my return journey thankfully the out ward is easier start and finnish 960ft above sea level.although its atough ride gradient is not as important to me as wind strength and direction a lot of it is pretty exposed terrain.
If you do that regularly on a bike, then I think we have a winner! ;)

RRCC

Guru
My childhood route to school descended 85m in 1.3 km an average of 6.2%. on my old single speed it was hard going home. Bikely is not detailed enough to show the extreme steepness of our drive and the short road to it. My brother once set fire to his brake blocks.

Plax

Guru
How are people getting these graphs? I have the Garmin Training centre (I have the 705) and the graphs it produces look nothing like them.

According to the Garmin my regular commute is;
Total Ascent 687ft
Total Decent 851ft
(starting off at 821ft, lowest is 391ft, work is at 506ft)

Plax said:
How are people getting these graphs? I have the Garmin Training centre (I have the 705) and the graphs it produces look nothing like them.

According to the Garmin my regular commute is;
Total Ascent 687ft
Total Decent 851ft
(starting off at 821ft, lowest is 391ft, work is at 506ft)
Mine was just a screen dump out of bikely

levad

Veteran
... and mine ...

Brains

Legendary Member
Home = Greenwich, so 100m back from the Thames
Work = Building overlooking London Bridge right on the Thames

Total height gain over 5 miles : About 15m and that is the crest of London Bridge !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I use mapmyride - the % of the climbs is out... just checked the mapping against a hilly training ride and a drag up Blaze Hill is showing as steeper than the 1 in 4 of Lamaload.... they do 'guestimate' some what, and can't do the sharp climbs very well.

OP
OP
jann71

jann71

Veteran
Mine were from motion based taken from my garmin.

I'm currently using cardio trainer and sporty pal as I need to get another bracket for my new bike.

lukesdad

I m using mapmyride now gradients are out and so are some altitudes at given points,but being linked to google earth is a major plus for me.

Top Bottom