Elite Qubo Digital Wireless Turbo Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesK

Über Member
Thinking of getting a turbo trainer, but not sure about this one. I like the idea of all the statistics etc that come with the computer, but my girlfriend and I would be sharing it, on two different bikes. Is it reasonable easy to deal with swapping bikes on and off frequently?

And is it reasonably quiet? Evans Cycles currently have it for £260, which seems very good value!

Thanks,

James

NorvernRob

About a month late, but I've had one of these for 2 years now and it's been great. Relatively quiet (no turbo is mega quiet), very useful head unit plus apps.

The tyre rests on the roller just using your body weight, so there isn't much tyre wear (I just use my normal wheel and tyre) and there is just one lever to clamp or release a bike so it's super quick to change.

The only downside for me is that I currently train using Trainer Road, and the Ant+ protocol the turbo uses isn't currently compatible for TR to control it. This means using speed/cadence sensors on the bike to be able to use the virtual power on Trainer Road.

OP
OP
J

JamesK

Über Member
Thanks,

Doors it otherwise work with trainer road OK? (For automaticallly adjusting resistance to the video, etc) Some listings seem to indicate it's compatible...

NorvernRob

No it doesn't, it uses an encoded Ant+ signal that TrainerRoad can't utilise, so you need to use a seperate speed sensor and TR's virtual power feature. It works perfectly this way, but TR can't actually control the resistance, you ride to virtual power.

Top Bottom