Elite Turbo Trainer Wheel Diameter Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I just got an Elite Mag Alu turbo trainer today, I am a little confused positioning the resistance roller to the trainer frame it has 2 different positions it can be put in according to the rear wheel diameter, either 26" or 28". The manual does not stat if this includes tyres or not, the manual is pretty turd to be honest. My bike has 700c tyres with 28 width tyres. Just wondered if anybody had one and could remember. Maybe I should just try it, but I also cannot use it until I get a trainer skewer, my current one is useless. Thanks for any help.

700c wheels are also called 28" ( as opposed to 26" mountain bike wheels) so that's the one.

Presumably there should be a screw adjuster to fine tune it re different tyre sizes.

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Cheers Pete thanks for the fast reply. It's just the actually mounting of the resistance roller to the frame there is holes for 2 mounting positions according to wheel size. There appears to be no other fine adjustment, the roller is just pressed against the tyre by a pretty strong spring. But I cannot use it anyway until I get my new skewer. I can't be arsed anyway lol.

e-rider

crappy member
if you have 700C wheels then you need to use the hole for 28" - simple

the spring will do the rest

the instructions are crap mainly because it's so easy to set these things up that instructions are usually an after thought and generally considered not necessary

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

if you have 700C wheels then you need to use the hole for 28" - simple

the spring will do the rest

the instructions are crap mainly because it's so easy to set these things up that instructions are usually an after thought and generally considered not necessary

lol I am pretty new to cycling, the reason I thought the instructions were crap were mainly because the instructions stated that the spring base plate was already attached to the trainers frame, which it wasn't. Just took me a while, and fitting wrong once to figure out how to fit it. But I do agree since doing it once I would have no problems again. I just wish that they would include the necessary parts for using one of these things properly, such as a skewer designed for these things and a front wheel riser block. I guess its just a way of extracting more cash.

lol I am pretty new to cycling, the reason I thought the instructions were crap were mainly because the instructions stated that the spring base plate was already attached to the trainers frame, which it wasn't. Just took me a while, and fitting wrong once to figure out how to fit it. But I do agree since doing it once I would have no problems again. I just wish that they would include the necessary parts for using one of these things properly, such as a skewer designed for these things and a front wheel riser block. I guess its just a way of extracting more cash.

I thought that they came with a QR included.

I just chuck a book under the front wheel.

e-rider

crappy member
yes, you'll need to get your wallet out again for a riser block

usually the skewer is included though

glad you got it sorted in the end

Norry1

Legendary Member
My Elite Crono came with QR - but had to buy the riser separately.

By the way, most of the Elite Turbos seem to be at 40% off with Wiggle at the moment - really good price!

Martin

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

I got my trainer off the Bay though, it was new and a decent price, there is no sign of a QR and it also states in the instructions that a different skewer might be needed. I already have a riser block that I bought from Wiggle. Just was now aware of the skewer issue which renders it useless until it shows up from Chain Reaction. Thanks for the help though :thumbsup:

tspeirs

Hi there, i recently got the elite crono mag off Wiggle. it appears as if the screws are too short for the resistance wheel to be mounted on the plastic piece that is attached to the stand. Anyone have any advice? or is the one i have been sent faulty?

Top Bottom