'ello John, 'ow's yer RGB Only Mode?

So, 'ow *is* yer RGB Only Mode?

• Fine thanks, and my gamma is to die for

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I understand this stuff and I have a setup that works for me

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I got it out of the box and plugged it in.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I don't have an aquarium

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Didn't you used to have a life or su'ink

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Gee. Last time I adjusted my telly it was with a good thump on the side to get that rattly valve to sit properly. There was a particular spot that needed just the right thump.............

All this modern telly would have John Logie Baird turning in his grave

1650453585027.png

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
For all those on tenterhooks, I'm happy to report that from the little viewing I did last night (an episode of Kenneth Clark's Civilisation - not a bad test) the new settings do seem to represent a significant and worthwhile improvement. Wish I'd known about that YT vid when I bought the telly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For all those on tenterhooks, I'm happy to report that from the little viewing I did last night (an episode of Kenneth Clark's Civilisation - not a bad test) the new settings do seem to represent a significant and worthwhile improvement. Wish I'd known about that YT vid when I bought the telly.

My Samsung TV picture was terrible on its factory settings. I read which said the same thing. The reviewer suggested more sensible settings so I switched to them and it was a massive improvement. I have barely touched them in the 6 years since***.

*** A notable exception was the first couple of series of Spirals as streamed on iPlayer. The picture quality was appalling so I had to do some ridiculous tweaking of the settings. Eventually, they must have bought some decent cameras because the later series looked really good with my original settings!

Top Bottom