Elswick Lincoln Imp F&F - FREE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've put this on this sub-forum rather than the Exchange/Free one as I think it is likely to appeal more to vintage bike fans.

A change in plans means I will not get around to building this so it will go to anyone who will cover postage. A good frame from the 60s with a bit of light surface rust only. It has been repainted from its original gold colour at some time and could be repainted or just lacquered and used as it is.

22.5'' C-T frame. I will also include the Baylis Wiley cottered BB (good condition) and a tatty but useable headset.

I will not be able to post it for a couple of weeks so bear with me if you want it. I will let you know the cost once I have packaged it, or it can be collected from Cardiff.

20181114_151755.jpg 20181114_151553.jpg 20181114_151620.jpg 20181114_151638.jpg

Last edited:

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Yes please.
That’ll make a nice project

OP
OP
Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

We remember
OK. I'll keep it for you and let you know the cost of postage once I have sourced a suitable box to put it in. I take it you also want the BB and headset. If I can find it I might have a tidier headset somewhere in the shed, sorry, I meant the workshop.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
OK. I'll keep it for you and let you know the cost of postage once I have sourced a suitable box to put it in. I take it you also want the BB and headset. If I can find it I might have a tidier headset somewhere in the shed, sorry, I meant the workshop.
Many thanks :smile:
Yes please for the BB and headset too.
Recently retired, so it will keep me amused over the winter nicely.
I’ll await your news re - postage.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oooh, that's lovely.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Bit of an update........
I’ve refinished the frame and fork in it’s original colour, which was a metallic gold. Also added a red panel on the seat tube to match the head tube.
New decals sourced from H Lloyd.
Headset fitted.
Bayliss Wiley BB fitted. Had me scratching my head for a while as the fixed cup is on the left and the adjustable cup on the right. Never came across this before.
If anyone’s interested I’ll post some photos when it’s finished.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bit of an update........
I’ve refinished the frame and fork in it’s original colour, which was a metallic gold. Also added a red panel on the seat tube to match the head tube.
New decals sourced from H Lloyd.
Headset fitted.
Bayliss Wiley BB fitted. Had me scratching my head for a while as the fixed cup is on the left and the adjustable cup on the right. Never came across this before.
If anyone’s interested I’ll post some photos when it’s finished.

Photos please.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Ok, just a few more bits to find.
I don’t have a fixed/ss bike at present so that’s what this project will be.
I ordered a wheelset today. 27 x 1-1/4 with flip flop hub, 16T sprockets.
Any suggestions on what size chainwheel to start with?

Top Bottom