Elvis Costello tickets free !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I can't take you up on that but voice wise I find him odd in that imo he has not got a good voice by any stretch but I do like many of his recordings.......there is just something about them that appeals to me.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I can't take you up on that but voice wise I find him odd in that imo he has not got a good voice by any stretch but I do like many of his recordings.......there is just something about them that appeals to me.
I like him,more importantly my partner does ! If she says he's good he is...was reading a review of him in Guardian on Saturday and he got 5 stars.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I saw him play in the late 70s, not long after he achieved some commercial success.

He came on stage, rasped the word 'allo', then rattled through about 15 songs without a break.

And that was that.

No audience interaction, but I've rarely seen a tighter set.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Stay at home then.
Very generous offer OP.
Hope someone can make use of the tickets.
I'm not a million miles from there but couldn't get back.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I saw him play in the late 70s, not long after he achieved some commercial success.

He came on stage, rasped the word 'allo', then rattled through about 15 songs without a break.

And that was that.

No audience interaction, but I've rarely seen a tighter set.
Exactly mirrors my experience of him at almost exactly the same time. Very odd.

Have passed your offer to someone on the forum adam localish who may be able to use if he's a fan.
I wasn't a really "in" music bod a amongst my pals when he broke through but well remember seeing his first ever (i think) brit tv performance on, of all things, a lunchtime early afternoon magazine prog presented by mavis nicholson :smile: very odd.

Top Bottom