Email that doesn't use Java Script

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Does anybody know of an email service that doesn't use java script?

I want to be able to check email on my (basic) mobile phone. However, I can't access gmail because the browser doesn't have java script enabled. It's not possible to enable it either.

I know there is a basic html version of gmail but you have to log in to the full version (or Google) that uses java script before you can access it.

Does anybody know of an email service that doesn't use java script?

I want to be able to check email on my (basic) mobile phone. However, I can't access gmail because the browser doesn't have java script enabled. It's not possible to enable it either.

I know there is a basic html version of gmail but you have to log in to the full version (or Google) that uses java script before you can access it.
Doesn’t your phone have it’s own email client that you can link to your gmail account rather than using the phone’s browser?

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Doesn’t your phone have it’s own email client that you can link to your gmail account rather than using the phone’s browser?
No - it's an Alba 'feature' phone. I bought it because I only wanted a basic phone, I was going to ignore its other capabilities. Then curiosity got the better of me.

No - it's an Alba 'feature' phone. I bought it because I only wanted a basic phone, I was going to ignore its other capabilities. Then curiosity got the better of me.
Looks like it can download google apps. Is gmail an app you can download to it?

Biting my lip not to give the correct answer!!!!!!

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Looks like it can download google apps. Is gmail an app you can download to it?

Biting my lip not to give the correct answer!!!!!!
Sorry - it can't download any apps.

I'll just keep looking for an email service that only uses basic HTML, I suspect I'm about 10 years too late though.

Sorry - it can't download any apps.

I'll just keep looking for an email service that only uses basic HTML, I suspect I'm about 10 years too late though.
Ah, unless you have the Android version, then yes.

You can either get a phone that does what you need or you can always join these guys.....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I checked a few that wikipedia claimed would work and they didn't seem to. I suspect the only out-of-the-box option now is if you can either read Russian or find something using the stale-looking/probably-now-insecure-but-I've-not-checked Squirrelmail.

It wouldn't be that difficult to adapt or create such a webmail client, host it and point it at gmail's servers, but the costs would probably still run into hundreds of pounds.

Top Bottom