Email whinge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I love technology, me, computers are the best thing invented since the bicycle and organic wholemeal unsliced bread. However, I hate it when people use it simply to "tick a box".
Owing to the fact that I work in a madhouse (university) I am meant to be at 3 meetings at the same time next Wednesday. Today, I've recieved "prior reading" emails/attachments for all three.
#1) One attached document, 33 pages long, full of meaningless blather.
#2) 7 attachments, total number of pages 72
#3) 2 attachments, 3 pages each.

Result: I will read none of it, and go to the meeting which is less likely to give me any further work to do!. However, the senders have done their job in disseminating info, so that's OK!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bounce 'em :evil:

Tetedelacourse

In my work we operate on the basis of only doing something if the consequences of NOT doing it are dire for you personally. Oddly enough I find I have plenty of time to sit and post on here!

Actually I enjoyed walking through the office the other day in my CC jersey advertising what I do all day instead of working. The jersey got a few nice remarks too.

fossyant said:
I work in one of those madhouses too - fun though !

mmmm. judicious use of the 'delete' key is something i really enjoy...but then if the email goes quiet i get all lonely.

funny how you reckon that email is really inconsequential but i can easily get very paranoid if someone doesn't reply to something i send.

i often wonder how much paranoia i have unwittingly induced by ignoring people's emails for too long...people never admit it though.

hmmm.

Keith Oates

Janner
The other thing that gets me is that after writing some information which is sent to keep people informed, you then get a lot of usless and unnecessary replies commenting on technical matters for which they are not even qualified in both ability and knowledge to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Keith Oates said:
The other thing that gets me is that after writing some information which is sent to keep people informed, you then get a lot of usless and unnecessary replies commenting on technical matters for which they are not even qualified in both ability and knowledge to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should send posts using Firefox. Or is it Mozilla? Or IE7.3. I don't know! I'm not qualified! :biggrin:

yenrod

bonj said:
i haven't got my own email account or my own phone at work :biggrin:
which is nice

Similiar here: I have to get off my fat lazy ass :biggrin: to answer the phone though i welcome a good bit of lingo (road sweeper parts are interesting to a point :biggrin:) on the blower as you can only talk to 3-5 people about soo much ! As for the email thats pretty much shared with another soo...

Top Bottom