Embarrassing question about cycling and my penis...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Your input would be welcome and possibly invaluable :rolleyes:

I can honestly say that I have never had that problem. Not about not being serious, but about the painful problem :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

As said upthread, pointing upwards as you mount your saddle should stop the problem. It may still move around as you cycle, so a smear of sudocrem on the head before you put your shorts on should prevent chaffing.
Interesting, as I never do that, I always smooth down to the left as I enter my shorts, but without going full on willy waving, maybe others have more to smooth down/lift up than I do.

Not seen mine since December:cold:

I have to say that i have a fear of one day having to explain what i was doing when i fell off my bike whilst riding no-handed as i often have to rearrange the furniture on-route.

Surely having a cabriolet can't cause too much issue otherwise it would be relevant in other sports as well, jogging for sure.

If all else fails, wear a condom ?

Reactions: mjr

Dave 123

Legendary Member
How do you manage your winky while your riding, Welshie?
She leaves him to cut the grass....

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can't understand how your penis would move around enough to get rubbed sore - wearing lycra shorts everything is held snugly in place with no possibility of movement, let alone a loose enough movement to cause fretting and soreness.

D

Deleted member 1258

I can't understand how your penis would move around enough to get rubbed sore - wearing lycra shorts everything is held snugly in place with no possibility of movement, let alone a loose enough movement to cause fretting and soreness.

I wear unpadded cycling tights when its cold and a comfy old pair of running shorts when its warm and and I don't have those problems.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
You might need tighter shorts. I had aching nads a few years ago and went to the GP. He thought it was epididymitis and said to come back if it didn't go away.

It wasn't epididymitis, as I realised halfway through a TT later that week. My new pair of Northwave shorts was too big and the love spuds were literally bouncing on the nose of the saddle and being bruised. Onset of symptoms had coincided with purchase of shorts. Shorts binned, pain went a day or so later!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OP needs decent shorts. I know some ride in grundies, but a good pair of cycling shorts (wear under baggies if you want) stops stuff jiggling about near moving legs and saddles. OP's issue sounds like friction in unwanted places :wacko: If you are getting numb bits, get a new saddle.

Top Bottom