Embarrassing question about cycling and my penis...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
buster_gonad_viz_comic.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I wear 2 under helmet (unintended pun, intended) caps whilst out on chilly rides.
One above, one, tucked around my tackle, below. Cuts out any friction, too,as they're soft lined.
As a Roundhead, it works for me..

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
What does the irritation feel like? If it's a bit of numbness at the tip that's quite common, you can get a pressure on your perenium from the saddle which can cause that... it can be helped by a cut out saddle.

I've often had that little numbness on longer rides, though not always. Once I'm off the saddle everything's back to normal within a minute or two.

Apologies for the serious answer.

D

Deleted member 26715

Now a serious question from me. For circumcised blokes, is that area always a tender spot ?
No, but by the same token I have nothing to compare it with as it was done when I was under a year old, my mother didn't wait for the bar mitzvah. As to the OP it's not something I have had an issue with, I don't wear any underwear under padded shorts,

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Just thought @ericdean is circumcised.
I am not. I always ensure my end bit is covered...... which eric cannot do.
Another to add to the seemingly endless list of ways to re-purpose the ubiquitous irreparably damaged innertube?

Chainstay protector, jar opener, hammer grip and now faux-foreskin / helmet cosy..?

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm also "cut", normally I just give chap a rub with chamois cream. I have a piercing I like to keep from getting irritated too ☺️

I use Udderly Smooth though which is not minty or tingly 😂

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
As said upthread, pointing upwards as you mount your saddle should stop the problem. It may still move around as you cycle, so a smear of sudocrem on the head before you put your shorts on should prevent chaffing.

Top Bottom