Emergency alert today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My phone went 'off' a few weeks ago - siren noise as I was cycling to work - I'd already switched off the 'alerts' but this caused them to be switched back on. Off they went.

Reactions: gbb

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wonder how many people are wondering how best to hide that 'spare' phone from their partners.

I believe there has been advice gone out from some agencies to people in abusive relationships who have an emergency phone a partner doesn’t know about to turn them off before the alert is due.

I’ve turned the alert setting off anyway as it’ll just give me a fright! :laugh:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
The government have banned me hanging my Y fronts outside as its a hazard to the East Coast Mainline, just over a mile away.

Mum told me (folklore I suspect) of a woman in Northumberland circa 1940 who left her washing on the line at night. The whites were visible to a Heinkel who loosed his bombs on the target for want of somewhere , anywhere to drop them, given evertything else was in darkness.
Now, Northumbrians are reputed to be a hardy lot...but that seems a bit much, damned Nazis.

Dragos reputedy offwhite underwear however.... would remain unsighted by the keenest of eyes of night :okay:

Top Bottom