Emma Foa's death-verdict announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Muttering under your breath is akin to speaking to yourself.

Writing on an internet forum is broadcasting. If some of those posts on 'Bloodbus' had been written about an ethnic or religious group, someone would have complained to the police, records would now be seized and people arrested.

Cab

gambatte said:
If some of those posts on 'Bloodbus' had been written about an ethnic or religious group, someone would have complained to the police, records would now be seized and people arrested.

Precisely. These comments are no less chilling because they're being made about cyclists than if they were made about any other percieved grouping of people.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Then with the greatest respect, you shouldn't have been a professional driver.

I can't believe how p1$$ poor an understanding of road laws people can have and still gain employment driving busses.

A slight overreaction,possibly cab?Cycle lanes were supposed to be the big thing for cycling on the roads,it is now apparent they have flaws,this isnt in the driving test for any vehicle i think,telling us how flawed they actually are.So to say that, is i think, unfair.

Cab

col said:
A slight overreaction,possibly cab?Cycle lanes were supposed to be the big thing for cycling on the roads,it is now apparent they have flaws,this isnt in the driving test for any vehicle i think,telling us how flawed they actually are.So to say that, is i think, unfair.

What? You mean its reasonable for someone who is a professional driver to not know what the purpose of different kinds of lanes for traffic on the road are for? Crazy talk.

I stand by my statement. That lack of knowledge should preclude someone from being professional driver.

RANDOM

spindrift said:
I'm confused that RANDOM is considered a more sensible poster when he's admitted he thinks there's nothing wrong with GBH or homophobia, either!

As i said spindrift that is something i have never said

RANDOM

Cab said:
Isn't it? So you spend longer complaining on motorist forums about motorists breaking speeding laws (more do than cyclists who break the rules), or who cause injury to others on the road (more do than there are cyclists), or who use the road uninsured (there are more uninsured motorists on our roads than there are cyclists - fact)? Do you complain about bus drivers who go through red lights on bus driver forums? Do you complain about motorbikes overtaking dangerously on motorbiking forums?

Or is it, as I suspect, a particular gripe about cyclists?

Go on, admit it, its sour grapes. If you can't admit it to us, you'll never be able to get over it.

Yes i have cursed other drivers for their dangerous driving maybe not on their forum but have done so to their faces.So its not just bad cyclist that i gripe about also uninsured drivers do piss me off as their vehicles are more than likely not road worth.And no its not sour grapes for me but maybe it is for you.

Cab

RANDOM said:
Yes i have cursed other drivers for their dangerous driving maybe not on their forum but have done so to their faces.So its not just bad cyclist that i gripe about also uninsured drivers do piss me off as their vehicles are more than likely not road worth.And no its not sour grapes for me but maybe it is for you.

So, in other words, you don't go to motorbiker forums to gripe about bad motorbikers, you don't go to motoring forums to complain about bad motorists, you don't go to bus driver forums and condemn those who make disturbing boasts about assaulting cyclsits with their busses... But you have joined a cycling forum and promptly started picking at cyclists because some of them are bad. And you really expect me to believe thats not sour grapes?

Go on, prove it. Go back to your bus forum and post something to some of the people who have advocated breaking the law by intimidating or assaulting cyclists. Call them unprofessional morons. Call them irresponsible law breakers. Tell them outright that they're getting bus drivers a bad name and that their statements are shameful. You're not going to do that because you're not consistent. You don't view cyclists in the same way as you do other road users or you wouldn't be specifically griping here.

But there it is, theres your challenge, do it or accept that it has been proven that you have lamentable double standards.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
What? You mean its reasonable for someone who is a professional driver to not know what the purpose of different kinds of lanes for traffic on the road are for? Crazy talk.

I stand by my statement. That lack of knowledge should preclude someone from being professional driver.

Im at a loss Cab,you seem to have a lot of aggression towards me,if you let me know what iv done,perhaps i can rectify it?

col

Legendary Member
I agree to some extent. But as has been said many times, he is a professional in direct contact with the public, who entrust their safety to him. A public forum like this is no place for a professional driver to be letting off steam with his mades. Especially considering the aggressive and childish attitudes.

If someone posted on here about purposely, for example, running a pedestrian over I for one wouldn't be 'joining in with the banter'. And I wouldn't consider that person a mate.

As i would too Mr P,If someone did purposely try to hit someone,i would be the first to put a stop to them.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
You're playing the wounded soldier part now?

No,im genuinly interested as to why you have this
problem with me?

If i was playing the wounded soldier i would be shouting,,COREMAN COOOREMAAAN.xx(

OP
OP
S

spindrift

Go on, prove it. Go back to your bus forum and post something to some of the people who have advocated breaking the law by intimidating or assaulting cyclists. Call them unprofessional morons. Call them irresponsible law breakers. Tell them outright that they're getting bus drivers a bad name and that their statements are shameful. You're not going to do that because you're not consistent.

Looks like you're right cab.

Random, it's a bit cowardly to run away from this challenge.

Cab

Rhythm Thief said:
Well, you do seem to be having a go at him for no particular reason, Cab. I speak purely as a disinterested observer.

Nope, doing nothing of the sort. Haven't had a go at him at all, I've simply not agreed with him.

Cab

col said:
No,im genuinly interested as to why you have this
problem with me?

Really? Looks like you're dodging the points put to you.

To recap; you believe it is acceptable that professional drivers do not know the rules of the road. For example, not knowing what cycle lanes are actually for is something you see as fine. Further, in your opinion its fine for professional drivers to publically boast about assaulting other road users using their vehicles to do so. You don't see that as unprofessional or chilling in any way.

I disagree with that, and I would say any professional driver guilty of those things deserves to lose his job. Further, he needs clinical psychiatric help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom