Emma Foa's death-verdict announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Really? Looks like you're dodging the points put to you.

To recap; you believe it is acceptable that professional drivers do not know the rules of the road. For example, not knowing what cycle lanes are actually for is something you see as fine. Further, in your opinion its fine for professional drivers to publically boast about assaulting other road users using their vehicles to do so. You don't see that as unprofessional or chilling in any way.

I disagree with that, and I would say any professional driver guilty of those things deserves to lose his job. Further, he needs clinical psychiatric help.

I wont even try to answer what you are trying to insinuate here.Your problem is worse than i thought,you need help.

spindrift,i didnt even know about that forum until it was mentioned on here,So where you get the "your forum"from,i dont know,again iv tried to be friendly with you,but your similar to cab,except she doesnt use as bad language,you need help also.

Cab

col said:
I wont even try to answer what you are trying to insinuate here.Your problem is worse than i thought,you need help.

And again you avoid the questions.

You believe that it is forgiveable for a professional driver not to know what certain traffic lanes are for. You have been unwilling to condemn those who make light of intentionally harm cyclists using their bus as a weapon.

And you think that I Havet he problem...

but your similar to cab,except she doesnt use as bad language,you need help also.

And now everyone has mental problems if they think that professional drivers should show a little professionalism.

All of this passive-aggressive nonesense you're coming out with to avoid having to either justify what you've said or retract it, its just tiresome. Do you stand by your comments or do you not?

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
And again you avoid the questions.

You believe that it is forgiveable for a professional driver not to know what certain traffic lanes are for. You have been unwilling to condemn those who make light of intentionally harm cyclists using their bus as a weapon.

And you think that I Havet he problem...

And now everyone has mental problems if they think that professional drivers should show a little professionalism.

All of this passive-aggressive nonesense you're coming out with to avoid having to either justify what you've said or retract it, its just tiresome. Do you stand by your comments or do you not?

By traffic lanes you mean cycle lanes do you?please point out to me where i said it was ok not to know what certain traffic lanes are for?

Tell me where i have also said its ok to harm cyclists with a bus.

Your becoming the tiresome one,you generalise on my beliefs and what you say i think,well answer my two questions above.

Guys,

Time out. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding on both sides.

Lets all agree that in general drivers are poorly educated about the issues facing cyclists. Therefore, we should be focusing our energies on finding ways to educate drivers, not bickering among ourselves.

Cab

col said:
By traffic lanes you mean cycle lanes do you?please point out to me where i said it was ok not to know what certain traffic lanes are for?

Certainly. In response to me saying this (referring I'm sure you'll remember to you saying that you hadn't known the law with regarding cycle lanes and cycling):
Then with the greatest respect, you shouldn't have been a professional driver.

I can't believe how p1$$ poor an understanding of road laws people can have and still gain employment driving busses.

And you replied with (emphasis mine):

A slight overreaction,possibly cab?Cycle lanes were supposed to be the big thing for cycling on the roads,it is now apparent they have flaws,this isnt in the driving test for any vehicle i think,telling us how flawed they actually are.So to say that, is i think, unfair.

Tell me where i have also said its ok to harm cyclists with a bus.

Certainly, just as soon as you point out where I've accused you of that. More passive aggressive rubbish, accusing me of making a quite scandalous accusation against you that I haven't made.

Your becoming the tiresome one,you generalise on my beliefs and what you say i think,well answer my two questions above.

And more of the same nonesense from you again. Look, this is simple; the responsibility of driving a big vehicle rather requires understanding the road and respecting others. You don't require that of professional drivers, I do.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Guys,

Time out. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding on both sides.

Lets all agree that in general drivers are poorly educated about the issues facing cyclists. Therefore, we should be focusing our energies on finding ways to educate drivers, not bickering among ourselves.

When have i not? but it seems im being painted as someone who agrees with whats being said on the other forum,i have always tried to be friendly and honest,but when someone continualy attacks you with this ,and then acuses me of avoiding the subject?its annoying to say the least,so i would still like the answers to my questions above.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Certainly. In response to me saying this (referring I'm sure you'll remember to you saying that you hadn't known the law with regarding cycle lanes and cycling):

And you replied with (emphasis mine):

Certainly, just as soon as you point out where I've accused you of that. More passive aggressive rubbish, accusing me of making a quite scandalous accusation against you that I haven't made.

And more of the same nonesense from you again. Look, this is simple; the responsibility of driving a big vehicle rather requires understanding the road and respecting others. You don't require that of professional drivers, I do.

You really are incredible cab,i now know this to be a wind up, very good.xx(:laugh::sad:

OP
OP
S

spindrift

Maybe you could find a thread to post your stupid smileys on Col not quite as sensitive as this one?

You unfeeling callous basket case.

WTF have I just walked into?!? This is a bloodbath on a supposedly friendly and intelligent forum!

I don't think Cab and Col are even reading each others arguments! You guys aren't even arguing a point any more, you are arguing about what you may or may not have implied in a response you posted that may or may not have missed the mark in the first place!?!

RANDOM

Cab said:
So, in other words, you don't go to motorbiker forums to gripe about bad motorbikers, you don't go to motoring forums to complain about bad motorists, you don't go to bus driver forums and condemn those who make disturbing boasts about assaulting cyclsits with their busses... But you have joined a cycling forum and promptly started picking at cyclists because some of them are bad. And you really expect me to believe thats not sour grapes?

Go on, prove it. Go back to your bus forum and post something to some of the people who have advocated breaking the law by intimidating or assaulting cyclists. Call them unprofessional morons. Call them irresponsible law breakers. Tell them outright that they're getting bus drivers a bad name and that their statements are shameful. You're not going to do that because you're not consistent. You don't view cyclists in the same way as you do other road users or you wouldn't be specifically griping here.

But there it is, theres your challenge, do it or accept that it has been proven that you have lamentable double standards.

No i think your the moron and no i don't have to prove anything.Typical woman how can't stand a guy arguing with them.

Cab

RANDOM said:
No i think your the moron and no i don't have to prove anything.Typical woman how can't stand a guy arguing with them.

You're resorting to personal abuse now because it has been clearly demonstrated that you're only here to have a go at cyclists. You're not going to apply anything like the same standards in your own back yard.

Case proven I think.

Why do you think I'm a woman?

RANDOM

spindrift said:
Go on, prove it. Go back to your bus forum and post something to some of the people who have advocated breaking the law by intimidating or assaulting cyclists. Call them unprofessional morons. Call them irresponsible law breakers. Tell them outright that they're getting bus drivers a bad name and that their statements are shameful. You're not going to do that because you're not consistent.

Looks like you're right cab.

Random, it's a bit cowardly to run away from this challenge.[/quot

Here speaks the big man how hides behind his computer and calls his forum chums names.Go drive a bus with drunk's and neds down dodgy street's at night and see how brave you are.

Cab

RANDOM said:
Here speaks the big man how hides behind his computer and calls his forum chums names.Go drive a bus with drunk's and neds down dodgy street's at night and see how brave you are.

So what are you saying, you're brave enough to drive a bus but not brave enough to tell other bus drivers when they're being numpties?

RANDOM

Cab said:
You're resorting to personal abuse now because it has been clearly demonstrated that you're only here to have a go at cyclists. You're not going to apply anything like the same standards in your own back yard.

Case proven I think.

Why do you think I'm a woman?

Have had plenty from you,and think what you like if it makes you happy.Because you go on and on like one thats why i think your a women and you don't like some one speaking back to you in a nice way of coarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom