Emma Raducanu, are we ready ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
She has sacked her coach.
Probably a sensible move as he doesn’t have top level experience, but ruthless non the less.

I don't think you get to where she has got to, at her age.

At any age really, without a large amount of grit, drive, determination, single mindedness.

Ruthlessness even.

She says in interview that her parents have always held her to exacting standards.

So I guess that's what will inform her interactions with others.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m sure he will have a nice bonus :okay: BBC says he was hired to coach her through the summer which he has done pretty successfully one might say!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’m sure he will have a nice bonus :okay: BBC says he was hired to coach her through the summer which he has done pretty successfully one might say!

And he will go down in history as
"The coach who .."

Shouldn't be too tricky picking up more coaching work now.

Plus he doesn't have the problem of pulling the 'tricky second album' out of the bag either..

Possibly a relief even
Who knows .??

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think it’s pretty shoot for the coach. He clearly worked some magic to help her from the Wimbledon crash to possibly one of the most fairytale wins in sporting history. So they made a good team it would appear.
Who’s to say he’s not exactly what she needs at this moment in time?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think it’s pretty shoot for the coach. He clearly worked some magic to help her from the Wimbledon crash to possibly one of the most fairytale wins in sporting history. So they made a good team it would appear.
Who’s to say he’s not exactly what she needs at this moment in time?

Does he look sad face, or happy face in the follow up interviews??

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

There has been some comments in the media about the father and coaches over a long period. So this must be part of his theory of sorts. He just has to be careful that his antics does not overshadow his daughter's deed.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
There has been some comments in the media about the father and coaches over a long period. So this must be part of his theory of sorts. He just has to be careful that his antics does not overshadow his daughter's deed.
I think little will overshadow her, she really hasn't put a foot wrong, and intends to keep on winning, clearly, seeming to actively prefer this to going out with mates and getting bladdered - I mean, what's wrong with her, she'll be giving teens a good name if she carries on like this :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Andrew Richardson was hired for the summer tournaments in the United States, which ended with the 18-year-old's improbable victory in New York 🤷‍♀️

Emma Raducanu: British number one splits with coach after US Open win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58682151
Had a quick search, looks like he did coach her early on, this article says between 11-13. Then I guess she moved on or he did. Then he was brought back as you say.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ho-guided-her-to-shock-us-open-triumph-tennis

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

I think little will overshadow her, she really hasn't put a foot wrong, and intends to keep on winning, clearly, seeming to actively prefer this to going out with mates and getting bladdered - I mean, what's wrong with her, she'll be giving teens a good name if she carries on like this :smile:
Agree. She personally has done well and continuing to do well.

Top Bottom