Emma Raducanu, are we ready ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Where are all the fat and ugly opinionated middle aged men?

Some of them will have been taking the pictures if press snappers I've seen operating in the UK are anything to go by.

Others will probably have been counting the money.

But rather than trying to virtue signal on behalf of women, you might usefully ask a more pertinent question - why is it that only the lives of beautiful people matter?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Some of them will have been taking the pictures if press snappers I've seen operating in the UK are anything to go by.

Others will probably have been counting the money.

But rather than trying to virtue signal on behalf of women, you might usefully ask a more pertinent question - why is it that only the lives of beautiful people matter?
All lives matter.

I just think she has done amazingly well

and worry about how she will cope with the change from qualifier to major target of the press

but I think her parents have the sence and resources to control all that - and she has the sense to listen to them - and listen does not mean obey

On the subject of what country you play for - not everyone follows the fame/money
a lad I grew up with played Rugby ( the proper one not the 13-a-side version)
he played for North of England many times
he was told he could have played for the full Ireland team as his Dad was born in Ireland
but he refused as he was born in England, his Dad grew up in England and he felt English
so morally he should play for England or no international team

remember when England won the World cup????
he could have been playing for Ireland at that point - but morally and 'what is right'
He was a damn good copper!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
They don’t. But the media are very keen on promoting them as if we can’t live without them and knowing what they ate for breakfast…

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

They don’t. But the media are very keen on promoting them as if we can’t live without them and knowing what they ate for breakfast…
Media delivers what we want. They will be out of business if they don't. Only a handful are prepared to do the hard yards to deliver worthy content and another handful to a appreciate it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Media delivers what we want. They will be out of business if they don't. Only a handful are prepared to do the hard yards to deliver worthy content and another handful to a appreciate it.
Oh yes, agreed. it’s a chicken and egg situation. Why people buy-in to consuming most of the guff is mostly beyond me….a subject probably worthy of its own thread….

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oh yes, agreed. it’s a chicken and egg situation. Why people buy-in to consuming most of the guff is mostly beyond me….a subject probably worthy of its own thread….

Agree re all the celeb stuff.But its really just like an expanded form of village gossip.

People feel they know these people in some way.

Of course they're deluded on that front , but heigh ho.

Fashion is an interesting subject to many of us though.

It's just another potential form of self expression, wearable body art and so forth.

Of course it needs to be less wasteful, and more inclusive to all body types and ages.
It's getting there gradually, in fits and starts.

And some of the frocks at the Met gala were a bit fabulous 💃

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The Daily Mail are already speculating about a boyfriend on their front page. Pathetic.
Leave them alone.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

It is nice to see Raducanu, Naomi Osaka and Serena Williams, all of whom have faced criticism for their temperament, absolutely dazzling it at the Met Gala. Where are all the fat and ugly opinionated middle aged men? I didn't see them in the photographs, were they not invited?
Why fat, middle aged and men? Maybe we should get rid of them. Do only women of colour face criticisms for their temperament.

We really need to address virtue signalling sooner rather than later. We cannot be shallow to please others or toe some imaginary line. We should go back to basics and assign values to people without taking into account their race, colour, creed, religion or their physical attributes.

If someone is an Axxxxxole, call it out. Don't worry about their background. Time to grow a pair and be honest with our opinions, good or bad.

Top Bottom