Emma Raducanu, are we ready ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just waiting for the press to refer to her as, "English teenager Emma Raducanu ..."
If she's ever involved in a scandal then no doubt she will become just British again.
DM headline:"Chinese-Romanian player disqualified for underhand continental practices.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Cognitive dissonance

1631269942817.png

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
You sure? Win or lose, the media will change her life beyond her control.
Sad really.
She is young, articulate and pretty. A marketing dream. She will be offered life changing sums of money to endorse products.

I just hope she gets well represented. I believe her parents are very switched on so should protect her.

Andrew Castle was saying the hardest part for her will be the reaction of her peer group from school who are her real friends and have to treat her exactly the same way as before. Whilst they head off to university she heads of to the vast riches of top level tennis.

She already won over £1.5 million in prize money this year!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Sad really.
She is young, articulate and pretty. A marketing dream. She will be offered life changing sums of money to endorse products.

I just hope she gets well represented. I believe her parents are very switched on so should protect her.

Andrew Castle was saying the hardest part for her will be the reaction of her peer group from school who are her real friends and have to treat her exactly the same way as before. Whilst they head off to university she heads of to the vast riches of top level tennis.

She already won over £1.5 million in prize money this year!

A good earner, no doubt, but she will now be self-supported.

The top tennis players employ coaches, physios, and other backroom staff, and they travel with an entourage.

Carting that little lot around the world will not be cheap.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
A good earner, no doubt, but she will now be self-supported.

The top tennis players employ coaches, physios, and other backroom staff, and they travel with an entourage.

Carting that little lot around the world will not be cheap.
Say 25% overheads... all tax deductible. Emma will be able to afford it- especially if she can employ her family but depends how long before she moves to Monaco.

Nick Spam

Is she a cyclist? I get the feeling I followed her up the local hill earlier in the year.

I'm a bit fat this year, but I'm still quicker than most girls.

The thing that was annoying about this girl, who looked like her, was that she spent the whole climb chatting to a guy she was riding with. Like she was riding in the park on a Sunday afternoon,... and I still couldn't keep up.

9pm kickoff Sat BST I believe. Might be worth tuning to R5 for!
(Women's matches rarely last an hour, so a nice early night? :whistle: )

Proto

Legendary Member
Dear sir,
I’m tired of the lauding of Emma Radacanu as the new British star. She’s a fraud and a charlatan.
Born in Canada to a Romanian dad and Chinese mum, I demand Priti Patel revokes her passport and expels her. Most likely smuggled in from Calais with millions of others, she’s clearly taken advantage of our over generous education and sporting facilities and in doing so has denied a genuine British citizen from achieving great things on and off the tennis courts. Kick her out.
Yours faithfully
Nigel de Montfort

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Dear sir,
I’m tired of the lauding of Emma Radacanu as the new British star. She’s a fraud and a charlatan.
Born in Canada to a Romanian dad and Chinese mum, I demand Priti Patel revokes her passport and expels her. Most likely smuggled in from Calais with millions of others, she’s clearly taken advantage of our over generous education and sporting facilities and in doing so has denied a genuine British citizen from achieving great things on and off the tennis courts. Kick her out.
Yours faithfully
Nigel de Montfort
I appreciate you might be trying to be humorous; but the need to introduce politics into just about every thread across this once good forum is getting tiring (IMHO of course). Brexit, immigration, race, gender, sexuality, climate change, ZZzzzz :tired:. Roll on tomorrow; hopefully the beginning of a new dawn on CC - that remains to be seen.
As for Emma Raducanu; I don't care what race, nationality, or whatever her sexual preference might be. She is a breath of fresh air in the sporting world. Never stops smiling and laughing (but we'll see how long that lasts as the media grinds her down); she is young, intelligent, and a very talented tennis player.
I don't even know whether she sees herself as British, English, Canadian, Chinese, Romanian, or a bit of a mix. Who cares? As a Scotsman, I hope she wins. I base that hope on the opinion I have made of her as a person, from what I have seen of her on TV to date. She oozes star quality and likeability, no matter what flag she might choose to represent. AFAIK she is currently representing GB while at the US Open, which is nothing more than a bonus for us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom