Empty bike path !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
The heat and humidity is finally moving in (30.5 Celsius / 50% Humidity) and that means the bike path will be pretty empty during the hottest part of the day. I seldom visit the bike path unless I know it's got light traffic on it. Granted we only have 6 miles of paths but it is nice to get off the road and away from the cars for a little bit.
Do you find less traffic on the bike paths when it's hotter in your area ?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xShdWRHgdM

Slick

Guru
It's very rare if at all for temperatures to get that high for us, especially with that humidity. :sun:

I'm not on a lot of bike paths because they rarely go where I want to go and usually I find the opposite from you, they get very busy during good weather spells and in fact, they are probably much more suited to pedestrians walking dogs on extended leads which makes getting up to any kind of decent speed safely almost impossible which is why I pretty much stick to the road. I would definitely use it if it looked like the one your on though. 👍

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
It's very rare if at all for temperatures to get that high for us, especially with that humidity. :sun:

I'm not on a lot of bike paths because they rarely go where I want to go and usually I find the opposite from you, they get very busy during good weather spells and in fact, they are probably much more suited to pedestrians walking dogs on extended leads which makes getting up to any kind of decent speed safely almost impossible which is why I pretty much stick to the road. I would definitely use it if it looked like the one your on though. 👍

I like to ride in the heat of the day and that's the only time I would get on the bike path when in this area. Most days it's full and I stay away because it would be just a dangerous as the road. Nobody follows any kind of rules and it's almost best to take the bike for a walk instead of riding when full. But it gets me off the local road we call the raceway, which had three car accidents this week. It has a very small breakdown lane that bikes can ride in but cars are buzzing you at 70mph. So when it's hot like this I know I can just roll thru at my pace. I'm sure as it cools in the evening it picks back up.

Mark pallister

The heat and humidity is finally moving in (30.5 Celsius / 50% Humidity) and that means the bike path will be pretty empty during the hottest part of the day. I seldom visit the bike path unless I know it's got light traffic on it. Granted we only have 6 miles of paths but it is nice to get off the road and away from the cars for a little bit.
Do you find less traffic on the bike paths when it's hotter in your area ?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xShdWRHgdM

Can’t remember it’s been that long

Top Bottom