End of Season blues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I did notice that but really don't need another rucksack. My house is overrun with them in all shapes and sizes! And I know I'd never get round to selling it. I'm going to pick up the tent I reserved at Argos and do some more research tonight to finally make up my mind. But thanks for pointing it out:smile:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
John Ponting said:
I haven't had a holiday so far in 2008 and your constant reports and pictures are not helping me at all.;)

I do apologise ;) Hardly constant...more intermittent and wordy.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
HelenD123 said:
Thought it was worth a try for £25. Just need to find a new sleeping bag now. Mine's ginormous and would more than fill a pannier itself!

It might even fill the tent! :tongue:

I use a a lightweight sleeping bag, a Coleman, and I supplement it's insulation by draping a lightweight poncho over it. It works well for me though I do generate a lot of heat.

At £25 the tent is a real bargain so much so that I've bought one to put aside for future use or even profiteering on Ebay where the original Tiger Paws have been fetching up to £40

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
HelenD123 said:
Decathlon were quoting 2kg for the tent you have, unless I've looked at the wrong one.

100g is barely noticeable - less the the weight of a pie ;)

I've never been a weight weenie - other factors such as pack size and price take precedent.

If there's a one man tent that is double skinned with decent quality aluminium poles and packs as small as the Tiger Paws and costs £30 I'd love to know about it as I'll add one to my collection :tongue:

I must add I use a two man tent for my longer tours as I like to have a tad more space if I'm spending a fortnight outdoors.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Tent is bought. I'm very impressed by the pack size! Just need to track down a sleeping bag and I'll be all set in case the weather suddenly takes a turn for the better and I can get in a last minute jaunt.

(Sorry for the thread hijack Cathryn)

Tony

Cathryn said:
Is anyone else HANKERING to go on tour again? I'm literally aching to get on the bike and set off round Europe again. I keep working through my photos of the summer's tour and gazing longingly at maps trying to work out where I want to go next. There are good reasons we can't just pack up and go, but I'd give my right leg to be loading the panniers and setting off again.

Just me feeling like this?

Me too....do I do part of the Danube cycleway, or fly to the states. or just take a package to Majawka and hire a bike?
Early days of dreaming of next summer. I miss being out on the road.

Top Bottom