End of Season blues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Only had one small tour this year & did the C2C, weather was good & i enjoyed it. Hoping to have a ride over to west yorks to see friends & family before the end of the month, a days ride each way, so a kind of mini tour :blush: but then it will be just the odd day ride for me until spring, but i'm already planning a Scotland tour & gives me something to look forward to & train for over the winter :biggrin:

dragon72

Guru
I've got that off-season ennui too!

By the way Cathryn, I was in Palermo and western Sicily for work reasons for a week in late Feb and it was CHILLY! The locals said it was unusually cold, but it rarely got above 7 or 8 degrees C, and up in the mountains (actually Sicily is pretty much ALL mountains) it was about 2 degrees. So I don't think it'll be shorts weather for you there during winter time.
However, I cannot sing Sicily's praises enough. The people are amazingly generous, the scenery spettacolare and the food out of this world. Mamma mia.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I have my first ever tour to look forward to next year already. Punky has inspired/persuaded me to sign up for the Amsterdame which she did this year so I'm doing York to Amsterdam and back next June. I needed something to train for and get me out on the bike this winter. I can't wait!

What I'd really love to do though and haven't managed to do yet is just load my bike up and head off for a campsite somewhere. Now where's that 'what tent' thread...

Oh, I see! :biggrin:

OK, well pootle to Poole; it's quite nice down there in Dorset.

Danny

Legendary Member
Autumn in Britain can often be really nice, so there are still plenty of opportunities for short tours.

I'm, probably over-optimistically, banking on a late Indian summer and planning some trips round the North Yorkshire Dales and Moors.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
Is anyone else HANKERING to go on tour again? There are good reasons we can't just pack up and go, but I'd give my right leg to be loading the panniers and setting off again.

Just me feeling like this?

I want to get out and about again even though it's only three weeks since I did the length of Wales and seven weeks since I did the NCN1 route from Edinburgh to Newcastle. Both rides completed without getting wet too!

Just this evening I was discussing my plans for half term in October and I might well end up using the camp site at the Cotton Arms at Wrenbury whose landlord came to my rescue when i arrived without any money on my JOGLE ride (my wallet had gone AWOL) and he opened a tab for me.

Unusually for me, I'm likely to use the site as a base and do several 100km Audaxes into Wales and back in between supping the delightful ales on offer and riding on the steam railway at Llangollen.

I might also spend the weekend before half term up in Ribblesdale based at the Station Inn and do some off road riding.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Dannyg said:
.... banking on a late Indian summer and planning some trips round the North Yorkshire Dales and Moors.
Summer is monsoon/fever season in India (well the months which are our summer, June-Aug) :smile:.....

...... so you're probably spot on :becool:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Come along with BTFB and me! Individually we're (sooner or later) going to throw caution to the wind, and just head off somewhere. Anywhere! :smile:

what a lovely couple you'll make. Girls on top, remember Dayvo!

Top Bottom