Endomondo Sports Tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Does anyone use this on their phones , i ask because i was reading a magazine this morning and there was a mention by the writer, that whilst out riding his wife could see his progress and had a cup of tea and bacon butty ready when he got home.
Now the tea and bacon butty are never going to be waiting for me, but can this app link up with a home computer / phone for the wife to keep track , she gets all worried when i am out for a few hours.

Yes, Endomondo, Cyclemeter and others do this. You can tweet or publish on Facebook when you are leaving and people can track your progress. Cyclemeter will even read out any tweets or FB replies that you receive.

All subject to your battery lasting of course!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Yes, I usually get home to a hot bath waiting for me :biggrin:

Just make it abundantly clear that it's not infallible otherwise she may panic if your track doesn't move for a while.

OP
OP
DiddlyDodds

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Yes, Endomondo, Cyclemeter and others do this. You can tweet or publish on Facebook when you are leaving and people can track your progress. Cyclemeter will even read out any tweets or FB replies that you receive.

All subject to your battery lasting of course!

Being a total technophobe , when you down load the app is it all pretty straight forward liking it to FB

siadwell

Guru
I think the Endomondo app only uploads your route and stats to the Endomondo website when you finish the workout.
I've just done a little test sitting at my desk and nothing appeared on the website until I hit the stop button on the app.
If you have an iPhone, the Find iPhone app can be used from a computer and will let you track the phone in more-or-less real time. No doubt a similar facility is available for Android etc.

I got converted to Strava. But I still use Endomondo for manual route drawing which I import into Strava when the phone is squiffy.

kipster

Guru
I use it and the wife tracks me, although I got her worried on one ride, I had a puncture near the hospital, so stopped and repaired it, switched endomondo off and forgot to turn it back on, she thought 'well if he has had an accident, he's in the right place.'. No bacon for me when I get home though, I'll have to mention that.

Top Bottom