Endurance Bike made from scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After a long period of comparing and estimating, I have now decided to have a bike built entirely according to my ideas. However, this decision is also due to the currently rather poor supply situation with finished bicycles of all kinds and their equipping with often quite cheap components. So the first step was to find a suitable frame set in good quality. By pure chance I recently came across a small but fine company called OPEN based in Basel, Switzerland, which also sells unpainted frame sets and therefore offers ideal conditions for my wishes. Fortunately, there are still a total of four dealers in my city who can completely carry out the construction. Now it would also be interesting if there is someone here who already knows this company and its products.
The individuals and the company are well known. They started with hardtail when it was all the buzz. It did not take off. Would suggest a better established company known for their track record for warranty claims for their frame. Components are never the issue in the scheme of things. You are likely to get it from one of the 3 so it not rocket science. So the frame is the single issue to get right.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
A little politeness goes a long way @NightCruiser :smile:

OP
OP
N

NightCruiser

If I did have experience with Open, I would be too afraid to share it, either being threatened by the company or shouted at by the OP.
Not to mention a bunch of self-appointed wannabe "experts" who would immediately advise you not to invest your money there. :laugh:

For your information, OPEN is now a well-established company with excellent service. Anyone who purchases their bicycle through a registered dealer doesn't have to worry about any warranty claims. The discussion about the company, which has been going on for about eight months, consists of 99.9% rumours and speculations from dubious sources, which quickly dissipate if you take a closer look at things. Not everyone can or wants to afford such an expensive frame, but those who do are very satisfied with it!

As you can clearly see, there is not a single participant in this forum who can report something about the product mentioned from his own experience. Instead, you get to read a lot of bullshit that has already been fully discussed elsewhere ad nauseam. What interests me here are hard facts and not the baseless claims or views of people who have never had anything to do with the OPEN company!:headshake:

OP
OP
N

NightCruiser

Would suggest a better established company known for their track record for warranty claims for their frame. Components are never the issue in the scheme of things. You are likely to get it from one of the 3 so it not rocket science. So the frame is the single issue to get right.
If you haven't read the thread completely, I don't need any advice that will call into question my decision-making ability! Once the frame is at the trader it is subjected to an in-depth examination, everything else comes later. Thanks.

If you haven't read the thread completely, I don't need any advice that will call into question my decision-making ability! Once the frame is at the trader it is subjected to an in-depth examination, everything else comes later. Thanks.
I gather you are not a native english speaker?

So what? Would that change anything?
My guess is your firm is engaged by Open to do SEO / backlink building work and popular forums are the target audience. Your report to them will show you generated a number of responses . You have no idea or interest about bikes, frames or the company. Your opening post was the clue. And your use of the language is similar to the farms that we see from Eastern Europe.

My guess is your firm is engaged by Open to do SEO / backlink building work and popular forums are the target audience. Your report to them will show you generated a number of responses . You have no idea or interest about bikes, frames or the company. Your opening post was the clue. And your use of the language is similar to the farms that we see from Eastern Europe.
Well, that surely killed that thread! Nice spot.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I really don’t think that is the case, the OP would be waxing lyrical about Open, rather than asking questions. I suspect like most of us, they have made a decision and are now trying to justify it to themselves and are defensive about potential problems. It is a fairly common reaction that we have seen fairly often and is pretty understandable too.

I really don’t think that is the case, the OP would be waxing lyrical about Open, rather than asking questions. I suspect like most of us, they have made a decision and are now trying to justify it to themselves and are defensive about potential problems. It is a fairly common reaction that we have seen fairly often and is pretty understandable too.
This is what OP wrote
For your information, OPEN is now a well-established company with excellent service. Anyone who purchases their bicycle through a registered dealer doesn't have to worry about any warranty claims.

Btw, UK dealer is the one who sent the frame to Hambini for testing as they refused to honour the warranty claim and not the customer. Says a lot.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I like a good Hambini roast on a Sunday! When he says something is shite, and he often does, he will have the engineering measurements to prove it. That's what really pisses off some of the manufacturers. They know they are churning out overpriced, out of spec crap at big margins, and Hambini is measuring this stuff up and showing the viewer how bad it really is.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Hambini seems to rate Look and Time frames most highly in terms of build quality and engineering tolerances. They aren't really my sort of bikes, but at least the critical parts are the size they should be, not dimensionally all over the place like some other brands.

DRM

Guru
That’s true, and iirc the fault on the frame wasn’t picked up by Hambini, he sent it to be scanned by a company that do such things for a living, as well as the bb shell being all over the place a la Cervelo

Top Bottom