Eneco Tour 2016 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
With the 'transfer window' well under way, this is one of the last major stage races for out of contract riders to impress, so expect some big performances.

oldroadman

Veteran
All the best riders are settled, expect some desperate efforts. Some may lead to contracts, some to a lower level or out of UCI registered altogether, some to retirement. Can be a sad time of the season for some, as reality bites.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Going by PCS Sky have 30 riders this year, but only 18 for 2017. Apparently Stannard and Kennaugh are not on the list yet and any team would like them on their books.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Going by PCS Sky have 30 riders this year, but only 18 for 2017. Apparently Stannard and Kennaugh are not on the list yet and any team would like them on their books.
And yet, going by VN, three riders are joining Sky and none leaving to other teams. I suspect one is too cautious at listing those staying, while the other is too cautious listing those departing.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
With the time bonuses from the golden km there is likelihood that someone could pick up bonus seconds, but not win the sprint finish, but cross the finish line in the bunch. Who has won the stage?

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Would be nice to see the GC riders contesting the bonus time offered in the golden km rather than wait until the last 10km to catch the breakaway

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
With the time bonuses from the golden km there is likelihood that someone could pick up bonus seconds, but not win the sprint finish, but cross the finish line in the bunch. Who has won the stage?

Same as usual, presumably? Don't the bonus seconds count for GC? Whoever crosses the line first wins the stage; whoever has the best elapsed time (including bonuses) leads the GC. Which means presumably golden km won't affect whether they chase the breakaway as it'll still be about getting sprinters to the line.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I didn't realise that there were time bonuses for the stage's 1,2 and 3 - ie. 10 seconds for first, so even if someone had taken all three golden sprints they would only have got nine seconds. All clear now after watching stage 1.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He is a sensational rider. I wonder if he regrets deciding the Olympic course didn't suit him especially as GVA went and won it.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
He did decide after going out there and riding it, but having said that you'd have thought he coped with worse on the TdF. He was well in the medals on the XC MTB until an unfortunate puncture at about the worst place on the course.

Top Bottom