Eneco Tour 2016 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And we've got this to look forward to
CtL4MhAWgAA1dqo.jpg

The coverage without commentary is so much better.

Very strange decision by BMC to have riders drop back for Dennis, would have made much more sense to change focus to support GVA (6 seconds behind Sagan) and get a strong BMC presence at the front.

I switched from non-commentary coverage to commentary coverage due to the graphics not telling me much, and in hope that Kirby might enlighten me...I am now back to the non-commentary version, as he couldnae even work out the riders being shown (nor the name of his co-commentator!) let alone what group they were in and what the time gaps were.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Fantastic final stage. Well done to the 3 at the front particularly Terpstra for the GC and EBH for the stage. Shame for Dennis, but glad that the race wasn't won by the time trials. Nice to see McNally and his combativity nemesis cross the line together. Overall quite a boring race, not very testing until the last couple of day and despite it's WT status, with more top riders, not in the same league (IMO) as the ToB in terms of format, fan turnout and climbing.

Fantastic final stage. Well done to the 3 at the front particularly Terpstra for the GC and EBH for the stage. Shame for Dennis, but glad that the race wasn't won by the time trials. Nice to see McNally and his combativity nemesis cross the line together. Overall quite a boring race, not very testing until the last couple of day and despite it's WT status, with more top riders, not in the same league (IMO) as the ToB in terms of format, fan turnout and climbing.
It was much less interesting than previous editions have been, which have almost been a "mini-classics" stage race; ITT and TT made it a bit TT-heavy for an event of 7 stages and impacted on the overall spectacle. More lumpy stuff and cobbles, and less TT would be my suggestion for the future.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It was much less interesting than previous editions have been, which have almost been a "mini-classics" stage race; ITT and TT made it a bit TT-heavy for an event of 7 stages and impacted on the overall spectacle. More lumpy stuff and cobbles, and less TT would be my suggestion for the future.
Didn't they tweak it to make it more Doha friendly?
ISTR Tim Wellens saying that the new route wouldn't favour his defence this year.

Top Bottom