Energy drinks etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

johnnyh said:
nope, I got one earlier...

type A383 into the search on the home page

simples

Ah, cheers!:wacko:

Matthew

I'm just wondering if there's much point getting this if I'm trying to lose weight and just going on short rides. I do see the need for energy boosts even when you're trying to burn fat.

I've been cycling for over a month now and haven't really lost any weight. Well it's gone up and down.

Garz

Squat Member
Riverman said:
I'm just wondering if there's much point getting this if I'm trying to lose weight and just going on short rides. I do see the need for energy boosts even when you're trying to burn fat.

I've been cycling for over a month now and haven't really lost any weight. Well it's gone up and down.

To lose weight you dont have to do high intensity, in fact a low intensity period of over 40 mins is ample. You also have to put effort into your eating habits im afraid.

I was in the same boat a few weeks back, my wife started running and lost weight fast whereas I stayed the same over about four to five weeks. This must have been due to muscular gains in the leg department (I do have big hams and calfs). Im into about week seven or eight of regular riding now and the fat has started to be stripped off (so far 4-5lbs).

IMO unless your going over 20 miles you only need to prepare the day before and breakfast before the ride, you shouldn't be eating or drinking supplements whilst on a short ride.

Ben M

A note with that "recovery box" the multivits are apparently not very good, "cheap crap" infact. As such mine are going in the bin.

PK99

Legendary Member
Riverman said:

What you might well find - as i did - is that weight stays the same for quite some time but waist & upper body fat reduces as you put on leg muscle.

I started serious (now 500 miles/month average) 18 months ago - i lost 2/3 kg (off 105kg) immediately then stayed the same for more than a year but brought back into service trousers and jeans that i ... errm.... grew out of some time ago. Remember muscle is much more dense than fat

Top Bottom