Energy gels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snapper88

After having a SiS orange energy gel on a ride last week I got to thinking what other high energy source I could use as I didn't like the texture of the gel (I'm sure you get used to it after awhile)

Being a beekeeper I'm thinking honey in a wrapper like the gels. Anyone tried this?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

OP
OP
Snapper88

Snapper88

I will look out for some isogels. Hopefully my local tesco have some.

Jelly babies are ok think I will get more energy from my honey though (plus the honey is free) ;)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I like these gels but everyone round here has stopped selling them in favour of the SIS ones, so I now buy them but in comparison the SIS ones are like swallowing a slug:

powergel%20225.jpg

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I kind of remember reading a previous thread about making gels out of honey at some point. Cant remember when I read it, where I was reading it from or how it turned out though. So on a scale of useless to 10 I'd rate my knowledge as a grade G......

Give the banoffee one a miss though. I use the high5 gels now though as i find the citrus flavours more palatable when the gel has been warmed up in a sweaty pocket for a couple of hours.

Hip Priest

Veteran
SIS products are minging. Particularly the bars, which take about three quarters of an hour to chew. Try Clif bars & gels instead.

Top Bottom