Energy gels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Surely a sachet of ready-made custard would have the same effect and taste nicer?

OP
OP
Snapper88

Snapper88

Im now thinking of using a honey sweet with some wax in to stiffen the mixture wrapped in a sweet wrapper hopefully will have something to try midweek.

Stephen brown

I was getting some physio on my feet the other day, and it turns out the physio is head of sports science and nutrition at a 1st Div football club, so I mentioned that gels upset my belly

She advised simply Malt loaf, jelly babies and hydration tabs, and forget all the fancy stuff as a lot of it is unproven and these 3 items should almost everything u need

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Are those Zipvit gels any better tasting? saw them advertised in a cycle mag today and got me thinking I might take one or 2 on the big ride next weekend.
Don't change gels unless you can use them before an event. They don't hand out aloe vera infused bog roll at LTL ;)

Irishrich

Über Member
I've never used gels so it would be my first experience with them. I currently use natural foods like bananas and fig rolls along with high 5 tabs in my water for rides over 40 miles. Should be fine without gels on a longer ride as there will be a couple of feed stops along the way, it's not like it's 85 miles in one go without stopping.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That should really be ok for LTL too. It's not good practice to use an 80 odd mile 2000 bike ride to try your first gel.

I have a feeling though, the feeds stops are basic.

Top Bottom