Engineering project

Have Dogs affected your ride in a negative way?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Big cycling scissors mounted outboard and ahead, for snipping retractable leads.
Pedals engineered to fire cocktail sausages sideways
Telescopic night stick frame pump (@Drago could be persuaded to contribute to design for a small fee)

Sharky

Guru
Any dog or animal that gets in your way, and causes you to slow down (or sometimes speed up) is a negative affect.
But such cases in 50+ years of cycling have been minimal, so the negative aspect is also minimal.

But when talks of dogs & cyclists come up, I always remember Peter Buckley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Buckley_(cyclist)

davidphilips

Veteran
Never had much of a problem with dogs, pedestrians walking out in front of me and drivers yes, perhaps dogs have a higher IQ than some pedestrians and drivers or at least concentrate more?

Skanker

The only dog that causes problems when I cycle is my own dog because she has no manners and cuts me up all the time, same problem when I walk or jog with her too though.
She never goes near other cyclists though as I taught her to move over for joggers and cyclists due to the fact I live on the river and it’s a busy towpath near my mooring.
Maybe a big stick is the best tool, to educate poor dog owners that don’t train their dogs properly?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Problem is some young people under the age of 20 or so will hear it and may even find it painful.

Your post didn't make sense till I removed the word problem. :popcorn:

Top Bottom