England Football shirt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just seen the Nike England World Cup football shirt. Its as bland as tbe team will be.

Couldnt we have gone a bit glitzy so the world will at least remember something about the England team.

AndyRM

XOXO
Until Jorge Campos gets on board England tops will never be "glitzy".

The football thread is over there btw.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes,bland,much the same as the last and way overpriced! Who gets paid for designing them,i don't know,but there must be some "style" in there that i and others can't see. They're 55 quid without a player's name on the back or a whopping 65 quid with a player's name on. If i buy football shirts these days i buy retro ones,or if i just fancy wearing a football shirt i'll dig one out of my wardrobe. I must have about 30 in there. I had a lot more at one stage,but ended up giving many away.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Training tops look better ..
I'm sure the Med this summer will be emblazoned with them ..

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The national strip should NEVER change. Look at Brazil and Argentina for example, you can barley tell their teams of fifty years ago from those of today by looking at the pictures.

England should have stuck with this -

england.jpg

The 'evolution' of the England football kit from 1965 - 2013.

football-attic-greatest-england-home-kit.jpg

spen666

Legendary Member
The national strip should NEVER change. Look at Brazil and Argentina for example, you can barley tell their teams of fifty years ago from those of today by looking at the pictures.

England should have stuck with this -

View attachment 409993

I would hazard guesses at the reason for changes:

1. England did not have copyright on that 1966 kit design ( England Rugby had same problem a few years back with traditional white shirt and red rose badge)
2. By making slight changes all the mug punters feel the need to go and buy a new shirt and pay huge prices to boost the profits of the FA etc
3. Different kit manufacturers want their logo on shirt, hence new shirt everytime kit manufacturers change

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't seen many,if any wearing the new England kit. Or maybe i have and i didn't recognise it as the new one. As we know,there's been so any new jerseys that look 90% like previous ones they all blend into the same. I think folk are wising up to this and saving their 50 or so pounds and just digging out one of the previous tournament ones from their drawers or wardrobes. I've self diagnosed myself with having analysis paralysis,which my therapists now recognise as being a big problem to me. I must have oh i'd say 7 or 8 old England jerseys. I just would not be able to decide which England shirt to wear,if i was going to watch the match in a pub:scratch:. By the time i'd decided the match would be over!:unsure: In the past i've been known to wear one football shirt then go home and change half way through a match,or just take another football shirt in a carrier bag and go and change it in the gents.

Top Bottom