England V Germany tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
rich p said:
Did you watch it?

England outplayed Germany in Berlin with a weakened side and despite my misgivings, the players out-performed everyone's expectations.

Must of been a won off then with the wind behind them!

strofiwimple

Veteran
Sittingduck said:
Another thing that was divided was Scott Carson's two brain cells 10 mins ago! Bet the Huns go on to win it now :/
you a chelski supporter by any chance??
cos from where i was sitting it was Terry's fault all the way- let the ball bounce once then twice then a third time!!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
strofiwimple said:
you a chelski supporter by any chance??
cos from where i was sitting it was Terry's fault all the way- let the ball bounce once then twice then a third time!!

Not guilty... support a real team - Birmingham :smile:
In my opinion Terry could have handled it better for sure but Carson is the keeper and needs to command the area - should have asserted himself or stayed in his 6 yard box.

Anyways - a good result :wacko:

beancounter

Nicensleazy said:
Must of been a won off then with the wind behind them!

Clearly you're unfamiliar with the "new" England, Warren.

Capello (the best European club coach of the last 20 years) is working wonders, and the team (a second XI last night) played a reasonable German side off the park.

Well done to them.

bc

Sittingduck said:
Not guilty... support a real team - Birmingham :angry:
In my opinion Terry could have handled it better for sure but Carson is the keeper and needs to command the area - should have asserted himself or stayed in his 6 yard box.

Anyways - a good result ;)

Terry should have put the ball into the stands after the second bounce after realising Carson wasn't going to make it. Just a terrible misunderstanding these things happen though, got to remember Carson's only 22 (or something like that) and keepers don't generally hit their prime until late 20's so can be forgiven for lack of experience.

Only a friendly after all, if it was a qualifier James would have stayed on. Not saying it wouldn't have happened but less likely too.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I only saw the second half, but a satisfying result. Can rub it in now with German colleagues, except most of them don't care about football. Couldn't believe the shambles of the conceded goal, but then I suspect they won't ever make that mistake again (if they are allowed another chance). Even the German commentator thought England were the better side this time.
It's time for England to get their act together and go on to rule the world.

Keith Oates

Janner
Unkraut said:
I only saw the second half, but a satisfying result. Can rub it in now with German colleagues, except most of them don't care about football. Couldn't believe the shambles of the conceded goal, but then I suspect they won't ever make that mistake again (if they are allowed another chance). Even the German commentator thought England were the better side this time.
It's time for England to get their act together and go on to rule the world.
Dream on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I think it's sad that us english seem to feel the need to re start WW2 when we play football...the German people I know have so much time and respect for the English and they really dont get why we seem to inject so much aggression into these fixtures off the pitch....for my part...erm...being on a sticky wicket here you understand I say it's sad...funny...but sad;):wahhey:

Top Bottom